Deadline: 31 May 2015, 12 AM GMT
Open to: researches from all countries, who must be at the time of the application in possession of a doctoral degree
Fellowship: monthly allowance of € 1100 plus accommodation and travel expenses
The Fellowship Programme CAS SEE Rijeka is an international researcher mobility programme that offers up to five months residencies in Rijeka and in the countries of the Balkans region (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Kosovo, and Albania).
Its intention is to include its organisational scheme and to participate in the network of the 16 other Institutes in Berlin, Bologna, Brussels, Budapest, Cambridge, Delmenhorst, Freiburg, Helsinki, Jerusalem, Lyon, Marseille, Paris, Uppsala, Vienna, Wassenaar, Zürich. These Institutes for Advanced Study, and among them the Center for Advanced Studies, Southeast Europe in Rijeka, support the focused, self-directed work of outstanding researchers.
The fellows benefit from the motivating intellectual and research conditions and from the stimulating environment of a multi-disciplinary and international community of first-rate scholars. The Fellowships are mainly offered in the fields of the humanities and social sciences but may also be granted to scholars in life and exact sciences, provided that their proposed research project does not require laboratory facilities and that it interfaces with humanities and social sciences.
The Programme welcomes applications worldwide from promising young scholars as well as from leading senior researchers. Researchers from all countries are eligible to the programme, but at the time of the application, they must be in possession of a doctoral degree.
The fellowship will be consisted of following items:
- Living allowance in the range of € 1100 per month for a fellow;
Support for accommodation expenses;
- A research budget in accordance with the research proposal;
- And travel expenses (one round trip);
How to apply?
In order to provide evaluators with relevant information to perform their work efficiently, CAS SEE Rijeka fellowship applicants have to submit (in English exclusively):
- the completed CAS SEE Rijeka application form (fill in HERE);
- a copy of your CV;
- a description of your intended research project (1500 – 2000 words);
- a personal statement (up to 500 words);
- The relevance and connections of the research to a wider academic context;
- The aims and methods of research;
- The current state and schedule of their research;
- The cooperation partners, including national and international contacts, when applicable;
- The interdisciplinary dimension of the research, if relevant;
- The importance of trans-national mobility for achieving research objectives;
- Their motivation for participating in the programme;
- Issues concerning research ethics, if relevant;