Deadline: 31 May 2015
Open to: active professionals from Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Greece, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Turkey
Scholarship: housing, food, pocket money, travel expenses to Germany and to related seminars and training
The German Federal Agency for Civic Education and the Robert Bosch Stiftung are awarding up to 16 scholarships to active professionals from Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Greece, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Turkey. They are looking for people at the beginning of their professional careers who wish to be active internationally.
Applicants are expected to be already actively promoting democracy and social responsibility in their own countries and engaged in civic education. They offer you the opportunity to become an intern in a German institution active in civic education matters to participate in the network of European political education. The programme is intended for participants from Central and Southeastern Europe and aims to strengthen and develop early efforts at civic education in those countries.
There are three programs from you can choose and also indicate your alternative:
- Participation in an existing project (Program A) An 8 -12 weeks internship with an existing project in a German institution acitive in civic education matters;
- Realising your own project (Program B) You will work on your own project for 8-12 weeks in cooperation with the hosting German institution which is active in civic education matters;
- Study tour (Program C) While you are staying in a German institution active in civic education matters for 8-12 weeks you will prepare a short study tour for German experts of civic education to an organisation in which you are active in your own country.
- You have good command of German in order to communicate with your German colleagues;
- You are active in civil society and you work for an NGO, an institution for civic education or a network dedicated to improving society;
- You are interested in international, cross-border cooperation;
- You want to expand your professional horizon and improve your skills;
- You are a citizen of Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Greece, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia or Turkey;
- You are working as a free-lancer or full time in the field of civic education;
- You hold a university degree or have comparable qualifications and are at the beginning of your professional career;
- You are flexible in planning and can work independently.
They have all manner of experiences and international contacts to offer. Beyond that, the programme includes:
- An internship at an institution of civic education in Germany;
- Introductory, intermediate and evaluation seminars in Germany (compulsory);
- Housing, food and pocket money;
- An optional family allowance;
- Health, accident and liability insurance;
- The opportunity to attend training events;
- Travel expenses to Germany and to the seminars and training events;
- A certificate for successful completion of the programme;
- Possibility of networking with people from other programmes at the Robert Bosch Stiftung and the Federal Agency for Civic Education.
How to apply?
You can send your application latest by 31 May 2015. Your application should be sent in German language by e-mail at: email@example.com
Please see the official call to find more information on how you can apply for this program.
For more information please visit the official web-page.