Deadline: 15 May, 2015
Open to: candidates with 1-3 years job experience in areas of communication, events & membership management
Payment: to be regulated through Belgian full-time labor contract,
The European Snacks Association (ESA) is the voice of the European savoury snack and snack nut industry. ESA represents over 250 members – manufacturers, their suppliers and national trade organisations – at European level to promote the development and understanding of savoury snack products. The association was founded in 1961 and today covers about 80% of the European market, whose retail value amounted to around €14 billion in 2014.
For their Brussels office the ESA are looking for a Junior Manager – Events & Membership. The association’s events programme currently incorporates the industry’s biennial flagship exhibition and conference, regular education courses and ad-hoc events. It is expected that this role will eventually develop into the event manager role; therefore it is important that candidates consider this as a long-term opportunity.
This role involves providing strong event organisation and administrative support and assistance to:
- ensure the co-ordination and effective delivery of international events as directed;
- ensure the effective maintenance of association membership records and assist in new member recruitment.
- Manage the events’ administration, including but not limited to, the preparation of marketing emails, acknowledging responses and managing bookings, invoicing and collecting payment, creating attendance records, making up badges and delegate manuals, photocopying PowerPoint presentations, liaising with speakers, etc.
- Attendance at events as required facilitating registration, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date contact databases to be used for various events and membership communication
- Disseminating membership information, raising invoices, issuing certificates, etc.
- Providing internal functions with administrative support for working groups, circulars, etc.
- This description gives a broad indication of the role and the responsibilities involved. It is not however exhaustive and the job holder will be requested to undertake additional tasks as required.
The candidate is to report directly to the marketing & events manager and will be required to develop good working relationships with all other internal functions.
Qualification, attributes and experience required
- 1-2 years of experience in an event organisation support and administration role, preferably in an international/European environment;
- Excellent IT skills including word, excel, PowerPoint, adobe acrobat (PDFs), outlook, internet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluent English; fluency in other European languages would be an asset;
- The ability to work on own initiative with attention to detail and quality of execution;
- The ability to manage multiple objectives, with inevitably changing deadlines
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, cope with frequent interruptions and meet tight deadlines
- Interest in the food sector (working experience in this sector is an asset);
- Be willing to travel as required.
- Aside, it’s also desirable if candidates also have experience of coordinating complex B2B events.
You are offered:
- Belgian full-time labour contract;
- Attractive salary package;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Secure and varied job in motivated international team;
- Position with scope for individual development.
How to apply?
To apply please send your CV and motivation letter including your salary expectations to [email protected] by Friday 15 May 2015 COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held in Brussels as of mid-May with a planned contract start beginning or mid-June.
For more information please visit the official website.