Deadline: 31 December 2015
Open to: all individuals worldwide over the age of 18
Prizes: $120 000 for grand prize
In its Fifth Edition and four categories, the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) continues to be a magnet for thousands of innovative photographers from around the world and opens for entries in the 2015-2016 competition. Newcomers will take up the challenge and seek to bring the Awards to new heights. They will lead the eyes of millions of spectators on a quest for beauty and truth, touching their souls with tales of reality and charm. Innovative photographers are invited to submit their best work on the main theme “Happiness“, as well as on three other themes:
- Father and Son;
The four categories selected for this year’s edition of the Award are bound to inspire participants into a journey that fathoms the nature of man in unseen details and explores the subtleties of our daily lives, to capture unique and outstanding moments in time.
All participants must be individuals aged 18 years and over at the time of their submission. The competition is opened for participants from all over the world.
The HIPA Competition 2015-2016 grand prize is $120,000! Five prizes will be awarded in each competition category. Two special awards — an appreciation and a research/report award — will also be announced. For more information please follow HERE.
How to apply?
The Competition is open for online submissions only, through the Competition Online Registration page available HERE. The deadline for submissions is 31 December 2015 GMT + 4. No submissions made after the closing time will be accepted. To apply the competition please meet the following requirements for the photos:
- You may submit up to one Photo in each category of the Competition. You must provide one title for each Photo;
- The same Photo must not be submitted in more than one category. Any Photo submitted in more than one category will be, subject to HIPA discretion, and without further notice, discarded from either a category or the entire Competition;
- Submitted Photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 2 MB in size and suitable for publication;
- Black and white Photos are permitted in all the categories of the Competition;
- All submitted Photos must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant. Basic technical editing of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s). Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, including compositing and creative retouching of the Photo(s) is prohibited. HIPA preserves the right to assess and discard from the Competition any submitted Photo(s) deemed, at HIPA’s own discretion, contrary to the foregoing;
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the UAE religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded. A Participant who submits any such Photo(s) may be permanently prohibited, subject to HIPA discretion, from participating in the Competition or any other any current or future HIPA competition;
- Photo(s) that have won any previous award(s), whether in any HIPA prior competition(s), or in any other competition(s) whatsoever and announced before 31st December 2015, and/or Photos that have been previously used, or are intended to be used, for any kind of commercial purposes, must not be submitted. Any Photo(s) submitted in contrary to the foregoing will be automatically and without further notice discarded from the entire Competition;
- For the shortlisted photographs, the Award has the right to ask for the original/RAW file. All the shortlisted should submit the original photographs in maximum 7 days. Otherwise, the photograph will be disqualified from the competition;