Deadline: 31 October 2015
Open to: specialist, trainee or junior doctor under 40 years in field of surgical oncology
Fellowship: 8 standard training fellowships (value 2.000 EUR), 1 major training fellowship (value 10.000 EUR)
The ESSO Education Committee offers a number of Training Fellowships to support trainees in Surgical Oncology. The aim is to allow young surgeons to visit a training fellowships specialist centre outside of their own country and help them expand their experience and learn new techniques. The Education and Training Committee grants two types of fellowships each year. It is standard training fellowships from 1 to 3 months and major training fellowship from 4 to 12 months.
- Applicants must be a specialist, trainee or junior doctor with a declared intention of specialising in a sub-specialty of surgical oncology (breast, upper GI, hepatobiliary and pancreatic, colorectal, endocrine, head and neck, thoracic, skin cancer and melanoma, gynaecology, urology, sarcoma);
- Applicants must be or become ESSO members before the start date of the award;
- Applicants must be younger than 40 years of age;
- Both European and non-European citizens can apply. European applicants may choose to visit European or non-European units, while non-Europeanapplicants must choose to visit a European centre.
Previous Fellowship recipients will be ineligible to apply for a second award.
- 8 standard training fellowships (value 2.000 EUR)
- 1 major training fellowship (value 10.000 EUR)
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted in English only and include the following information:
- a completed curriculum vitae application form;
- a motivation letter describing the applicant’s area of interest, research plan and reasons behind the visit;
- a letter of support from their Head of Department;
- a letter of invitation from the Head of the Department they wish to visit;
- a proposal budget sheet estimating how the funds will be spent.
All documents must be sent in a single PDF document by fax (+32 2 539 03 74) or e-mail ana.ga[email protected]
For more information, please check the official web-page.