Deadline: 27 May, 2015
Open to: young people from EEA country or entitle to a work permit in Belgium
Remuneration: The gross salary is 870 euro per month + holiday money + extra health insurance
Corporate Europe Observatory is looking for an intern to join their team and strengthen their work on rolling back excessive corporate influence in EU policy-making. CEO is a research and campaign group working to expose and challenge the privileged access and influence enjoyed by corporations and their lobby groups in EU policy making.
The UN climate talks are taking place this December in Paris (COP21), while the European Commission pushes ahead with its flagship climate and energy package, the Energy Union. Therefore the second half of 2015 is an extremely important time for CEO’s climate work. They are looking for a new intern to start from the 1st of July 2015 to conduct research into the influence of corporate lobbying on climate policy-making processes at the EU and UN level. The role will also provide support for CEO’s ongoing climate campaign towards Paris and beyond. The internship is intended to also provide you with an opportunity to strengthen your research skills and improve your knowledge of EU and UN decision-making.
- must be a student or have left university less than a year ago (compulsory);
- must be form a EEA country or entitle to a work permit in Belgium;
- must be committed to Corporate Europe Observatory’s values, vision and mission;
- substantial knowledge about the role of transnational corporations in the global economy and particular in the field of climate;
- a good understanding of EU decision-making processes, with a particular focus on climate;
- broad knowledge about the ongoing international climate negotiations under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change;
- A strong commitment to the values of climate justice;
- strong research skills;
- ability to think analytically and plan strategically;
- ability to work closely with others in a team, in an often high-pressured environment;
- ability to manage own workload without close supervision;
- fluent English (other languages an advantage).
This position is full time (36 hours per week) for a period of 6 months, starting on July 1st (later start date can be discussed). The position is based in Brussels, in our office in the Mundo-B building near the Porte de Namur metro. The gross salary is 870 euro per month + holiday money + extra health insurance
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV and a covering letter to Nicolas Klepinine [email protected] by midnight on Wednesday 27th May 2015. Your letter should highlight how your skills and experience are well-suited to the requirements of this position. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by Monday June 1st 2015 (due to high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).