Deadline: 23 June 2015
Open to: EU citizens and holders of EU work permit with experience in trans and LGBI activism at local, national or European level
Remuneration: a monthly salary of € 1100
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is a European non-profit, non-governmental umbrella organisation working for the full equality and inclusion of all trans people in Europe. The network includes trans and other organisations that support or work for the rights of all trans people across Europe. The mission of TGEU is to support and strengthen the trans movement and to be a powerful advocacy organisation for trans rights in Europe and beyond. TGEU is now looking for a full time – 40h per week – Intern. The duration of the internship is 3 months starting earliest on 1 August and latest on 15 September 2015. The place of work is Berlin, Germany. The Intern will be a part of TGEU’s Policy & Capacity Building Team and will have the opportunity to gain insight into and contribute to a variety of European and national-level advocacy, policy and campaigning activities, as well as an oversight and understanding of TGEU’s work more generally.
The Intern will be expected to have responsibilities such as:
- Supporting TGEU’s advocacy, policy and campaigning activities;
- Conducting research to support TGEU’s advocacy work;
- Managing small projects;
- Handling administrative and logistical tasks;
- Cooperating with the TGEU team, taking over other tasks as required.
The Intern should have a demonstrated interest and some experience in trans and LGBI activism at local, national or European level. The Intern should have a high commitment to promoting the aims of TGEU.
The Intern is expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Some previous work or volunteering experience in trans and LGBI related fields;
- An interest in advocacy work and EU law;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Good knowledge of another European language (desirable);
- Exact and reliable working methods;
- Ability to take responsibility for managing small projects;
- Ability to work with individuals and diverse teams;
- Be a EU citizen or be allowed to work in the EU.
Please note that preference will be given to applicants who currently are or have been working or volunteering for a TGEU member organisation.
This is a paid position with a monthly salary of € 1100 (includes health care coverage). Relocation support to Berlin will be also provided.
How to apply?
The deadline for application is 23 June 2015, 17:00 CET. For successful application please send filled TGEU application pack to [email protected]. Please do not send copies of degrees and certificates. You will be asked to provide these at a later stage in the process. Please note that applications that include a CV will not be considered. Job interviews are scheduled to take place over Skype in the week from 6 – 10 July.
For more information please follow the official website.