Deadline: 30 June 2015
Open to: experienced journalists from countries in crisis or war
Fellowship: travel expenses, accommodation, pocket money and free transportation in Berlin
Rest and Refuge scholarship is a new project run by Reporters Without Borders Germany and taz Panter Foundation, which is a non-profit organization linked to die tageszeitung (taz), the daily newspaper in Berlin. Journalists from countries in crisis or war are invited to stay and work in Berlin for up to three months. Reporters Without Borders Germany, in cooperation with taz Panter Foundation, has created the Rest and Refuge Scholarship for journalists who need a time out from difficult working conditions.
- Journalists who need a time out from their difficult working conditions. This might be the case after covering stories in an oppressive environment or after covering stories in war or unrest;
- Journalists who feel the need to lie low for awhile and get out of the view of state security because of their journalistic work;
- Journalists have to be able to communicate in basic English or in German;
- Journalists should have a relevant working experience as journalists;
- Journalist must have the intention to return to their country after three months.
Reporters Without Borders Germany will cover travel expenses, accommodation, pocket money and free transportation in Berlin for up to three months.
How to apply?
Please send your application with a letter explaining your situation and your CV together in one PDF document no later than 30 June 2015 to: [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website.