Deadline: 27 July 2015
Open to: all candidates worldwide aged 18 years or over
Prizes: the main prize of € 8000
Visa pour l’Image – Perpignan is launching the seventh competition for the Web Documentary Visa d’or award sponsored by RFI & France 24. The Visa d’or for the best Web documentary will be awarded for the best story produced with original, innovative use of multimedia tools. The web documentaries submitted should, in particular, open up new ways of using the Web to understand the news. The selection process will therefore take the following criteria into account:
- The web documentary must be related to a recent news topic;
- The web documentary should demonstrate a journalistic and/or documentary approach to the treatment of a topical news item. The choice of subject treated in the web documentary will be taken into account in the selection process;
- The web documentary should demonstrate a multimedia approach with, in particular, combined use of several media – video, text, photos and sound – for online distribution. Photo slideshows will not be accepted;
- The web documentary should allow for true interactivity and should innovate in this domain. The user should be able to react to and become involved with the web documentary as well as able to adjust his / her navigation;
- Through their web documentary, candidates should innovate and develop or contribute to a new, innovative and easy-to-access way of exploring news on the Web;
- Production quality.
Entry in the competition is open to all candidates aged 18 years or over, regardless of gender or nationality. The competition is not open to people employed by Images Evidence. Web documentaries produced by Images Evidence cannot enter the competition.
Among the Pre-selected Candidates, the jury will give the Award to the winner as concerns the relevance, quality and originality of the web documentary. Images Evidence will award the winner a prize of € 8000. The winner must be able to attend, when possible, the award ceremony, which will take place in Perpignan during the 2015 Visa Pour l’Image – Perpignan festival. The amount of € 8000 will be given to the author(s) of the web documentary and not to the producer(s). Charge to the authors, if there are several, to share this amount.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 27 July 2015. For successful application is necessary to fill the application form HERE. The application must include the following items / documents:
- The internet URL where the web documentary is available;
- The electronically signed competition entry form;
- A scan of the candidate’s ID papers;
- A cover letter from the candidate containing a description of his/her entry;
- A curriculum vitae.
The web documentary must be in either French or English and must have been published online between 27 July 2014 and 27 July 2015. Any questions may be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected]