Deadline: 26 June 2015
Open to: currently enrolled or recently graduated in MBA, Master degree or relevant post-graduate degree in business or technical disciplines
Prize: AUD 125,000 (around EUR 85,ooo)
The 2015 Global Business Challenge (2015GBC) is a graduate business case competition to design sustainable solutions to global problems. The challenge for the 2015GBC is to design sustainable solutions to aid the achievement of global food security through the doubling of food production by 2040.
The competition adopts on two underpinning themes: diversity and collaboration. The competition aims to encourage as much diversity in solution designs as possible. Just as there are no single right answers to complex problems, the nature of the issued challenge demands teams to look for highly innovative technologies and design novel business and financing models, that in their different configurations, maximize economic, social and environmental benefit. Competing teams will face off over two rounds to progress to the finals that will be held in Brisbane, Australia from 3-6 November, 2015.
Participating students within a team must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an eligible program of study;
- Have been enrolled in an eligible program of study during 2014;
- An eligible program is any business or technical discipline based postgraduate program of study (such as MBA, Masters Degrees or other relevant post-graduate degree programs in business or technical disciplines).
- Team membership shall comprise a minimum of three (3) student members and a maximum of four (4) student members plus a nominated alternate member in the event of illness of one of the core team members;
- Proposed team members that not meeting these criteria may only participate with special permission of the organisers.
Winning team will receive AUD 125,000 (around EUR 85,000) for the project. Non-Australian teams selected for the final will receive travel assistance in amount of AUD 12,500 ( around EUR 8,500) per team.
How to apply?
Register online, valid team registration must:
- Have a maximum of 4 eligible graduate students (any discipline);
- Nominated coach who is a staff member of your participating university.
Deadline for application is 26 June 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.