Deadline: 21 June 2015
Open to: nationals from the EU who reached the age of majority in their country of origin
Remuneration: monthly grant of EUR 776
Applications are invited for an internship project called “Facilitation of online collaboration in intellectual property area” at the European Police Office (Europol). This internship project focuses on providing support to one community of the Europol Platform for Experts (EPE) – an online collaboration tool facilitating knowledge sharing.
The specific platform supports public and private sector collaboration and knowledge sharing in five main areas – general intellectual property crime, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, food and drinks and online piracy. The project will include research, summarising and referencing legal documents (such as EU and national legislations, judgements, studies regarding legal issues etc) for the use of platform members. It will also offer space for improvements to enhance interactivity, further cooperation and knowledge sharing. For this project, the intern will work closely with the Business Product Management function (CDBPM) and the team supporting the intellectual property fraud community. The project will be led and supervised by a Senior Specialist within the Intellectual Property Crime team. The successful applicant will join the Internship Project for a period of 3 months (40 hours a week), which may be extended for another period of up to 3 months. The internship will take place at Europol premises in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Internship candidate must:
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- Have reached the age of majority in their country of origin;
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed or ongoing university studies or vocational training relevant for the tasks of Europol;
- Have very good knowledge of at least two European Union languages, of which one should be English;
- Provide a recent Certificate of Good Conduct prior to commencing the internship. Annex A of Europol Decision of the Director on Internships sets out an overview of relevant certificates for each of the Member States.
Interns meeting the eligibility criteria are awarded a monthly maintenance grant of EUR 776 per month during the period of internship. Interns receiving the grant and whose place of selection is more than 50 km from The Hague are entitled to the reimbursement of travel expenses incurred at the beginning and end of the internship. All interns are insured by Europol against the risk of accident or death while present or having a link to Europol premises.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 21 June 2015. To apply please fill the Application form. Each application for an internship at Europol shall be accompanied by a letter of motivation and a CV and shall be received by Europol, Human Resources Unit respecting the closing date set. Only selected candidate will be required to provide official documents justifying the fulfilment of the requirements listed in section 4.