Deadline: 6 July 2015
Open to: applicants with minimum 2 years of working experience and business and/or secretarial education
Remuneration: ETB 12,048 per month (approximately EUR 520)
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance — International IDEA is looking for an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist to provide administrative and logistical support, co-ordinate events, assist with the preparation of documents and maintain records and files for the Africa Region Office. International IDEA is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide. Its objective is to strengthen democratic institutions and processes. International IDEA acts as a catalyst for democracy building by providing knowledge resources, policy proposals and supporting democratic reforms in response to specific national requests. It works together with policy makers, governments, UN organizations and agencies and regional organizations engaged in the field of democracy building. The position has following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the day to day running of the reception area by receiving and assisting visitors as well as directing incoming calls;
- Maintain the petty cash box and records including disbursing cash on demand;
- Collect and distribute post;
- Maintain the office’s stock and handle distribution of office supplies;
- Organize and coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings, conferences and workshops (obtaining quotes and booking venues, liaising with attendees, organizing travel, etc.) Assist with the preparation of meeting materials;
- Organize staff travel including travel and hotel bookings, travel advances, travel claims and other associated issues; when applicable, assists external consultants;
- Assist with the registration of internal/external communications and institutional documents, in liaison with the Archivist;
- Assist with the update and maintenance of the Institute’s internal website.
- Check the daily Attendance sheet of the office;
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager or any person designated by him/her.
Successful candidate should meet following requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of working experience;
- High school diploma and preferably business and/or secretarial education; university background is considered an advantage;
- Experience of working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage;
- Fluent written and oral English and French;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package (including MS work, Excel and PowerPoint) and Internet;
Duration of contact will be 18 months. Location of the position is Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Salary entry point is ETB 12,048 per month (approximately EUR 520).
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 6 July 2015. Applications should be submitted online. Please note that all applications must be submitted in English.
For more information please visit the official website.