Deadline: 7 September 2015
Open to: international post-doctoral researchers who are to focus their research on the pre-twentieth-century, paying particular attention to the ways in which history is engaged with in the present.
Fellowship: grant of £21,000 per annum
The Henry Moore Institute is a world-recognised centre for the study of sculpture in the heart of Leeds, funded by The Henry Moore Foundation. An award-winning exhibitions venue, research centre, library and sculpture archive, the Institute hosts a year-round programme of exhibitions, conferences, lectures, research, and publications that aim to expand the understanding and scholarship of historical and contemporary sculpture. The Institute invites applications for a two-year fellowship, beginning in Autumn 2015. The fellowship has following specifications:
- The Research Fellow will take responsibility for the research, organisation and realization of one workshop and one larger international conference at the Henry Moore Institute;
- The Research Fellow will research, organize and realize one series of four public evening talks in relation to an exhibition of the researcher’s choice within the Institute’s program;
- The Research Fellow will take an active role within the day-to-day activities of the Institute, assisting with the Research Team’s work with other Research Fellows and events;
- The Research Fellow will take part in Henry Moore Institute events and major staff meetings, providing additional academic response and feedback to research and exhibition development;
- The Research Fellow will deliver, as a representative of the Henry Moore Institute, at least two academic papers at conferences / universities / museums relating to the Fellow’s own research;
- The Research Fellow will develop their own research by developing an exhibition / conference / publication proposal during the tenure, providing regular six-month updates to HMI staff at team meetings;
- The Fellow will be expected to be based at the Henry Moore Institute, and to work with the Research Team for a minimum of two days per week.
The fellowship is opened to holders of the PhD. Based at the Henry Moore Institute in Leeds, the Post-doctoral Fellow’s research focus should be pre-twentieth-century, paying particular attention to the ways in which history is engaged with in the present.
The Post-doctoral Research Fellowship is funded by The Henry Moore Foundation’s Grants Programme. The successful Fellow will receive a grant of £21,000 per annum, for two years, payable quarterly. This grant is to cover living and all research associated expenses.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 7 September 2015. Applicants for this fellowship should submit:
- A proposal for one large, two-day international conference on a subject related to his/her interests;
- A curriculum vitae;
- References from the their doctoral supervisor and one other academic referee;
- A synopsis of their doctoral research.
Applications, marked ‘Post-doctoral Research Fellowship Grant’ should be sent by email to Uthra Rajgopal (Research Programme Assistant at the Henry Moore Institute): [email protected]
For more information please follow the official website.