Deadline: 5 July 2015
Open to: youth with 2-3 years experience in campaigning for political change
Remuneration: EUR 2820 gross+ meal vouchers and monthly commuting allowance on local public transport
The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is the largest umbrella organisation women’s associations in the European Union (EU), working to promote humans right and equality between women and men. EWL membership extends organisation in all 28 EU members states and the three candidate countries, as well as to European-wide bodies, representing a total of more than 2000 organisations. They are looking for two Policy and Campaigns Officers. Within EWL Secretariat, the role of the Policy and Campaigns Team is to: Ensure that EWL campaigns have an impact on women’s lives in Europe; Ensure that EWL campaigns contribute to EWL visibility and convey EWL values and vision; Ensure that EWL campaigns build from and support EWL members in their work, engagement and joint collaboration.
- 2-3 years experience in campaigning for political change;
- Proven knowledge and experience of the functioning of the EU institutions;
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate projects (including budget management) and develop working practices and tools (power analysis, framing analysis, SMART objectives, planning, evaluation, impact assessment, and learning processes);
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other NGOs (with partners or members, in coalitions or other formats), develop good working relationships and facilitate networks;
- Proven ability to monitor legal instruments and developments and develop strategic analysis of opportunities for potential legal change, preferably (but not exclusively) at EU level;
- Proven experience in facilitating collaborative working processes with diverse groups and people;
- Rigorous analytical skills and proven ability to write policy papers, briefings and articles;
- Proven ability to develop effective communication to support projects and campaigns (publications, press releases, speeches, social media messages, web articles…).
Knowledge and personal qualities:
- Commitment to campaigning to achieve change;
- Dedicated to EWL vision of a feminist Europe;
- Dedication to feminism and to realising equality between women and men and women’s and girls’ human rights;
- Understanding of the European context on equality between women and men and women’s rights.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and training skills, and ability to interact with diverse groups;
- Good negotiation and facilitation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong personal integrity, and ability to work as an effective team-player, including in an international and intercultural environment;
- Excellent written and spoken English, additional languages will be an asset;
- Excellent organisational capacities;
- Autonomy and sense of initiative;
- Detail-oriented, well organised, able to manage competing priorities and deadlines, and to adapt to changing circumstances;
- High proficiency in relevant computer technologies (word processes, presentation and spreadsheet software, internet applications, social media, database, etc.);
- Creativity, ability to be innovative and imaginative, and learn from experience;
- Positive and motivating attitude.
EUR 2820 gross+ meal vouchers and monthly commuting allowance on local public transport. 26 days holiday a year (Jan-Dec) in addition to relevant public holidays and 37.5 hours for week.
How to apply?
Deadline for application is 5 July 2015.
- You can find here the application package for the Policy and Campaigns Officer #1
- You can find here the application package for the Policy and Campaigns Officer #2
To apply, please complete the application form and return it by e-mail to: , mentioning in the subject line:
- “EWL Policy and Campaigns Officer #1: FAMILYNAME” for the position #1
- “EWL Policy and Campaigns Officer #2: FAMILYNAME” for the position #2
It is possible to apply to both positions, but you would still need to send separate emails with the corresponding application forms (as they are not similar).
This is why it is very important to mention the right number (#1 or #2) in the subject line of your email.
CVs and applications sent by post will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on 27 and 28 July in Brussels and by skype. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that the EWL will not be able to reimburse expenses for interviews.
For more information please visit the official web site.