Deadline: 12 July, 2015
Open to: Young Roma between 18 and 30 years form a country of the European Union, preferably in Hungary or Romania
Benefits: accommodation, local public transport, language course (French or Dutch) and a monthly allowance
ERGO Network has an open call for applications for young Roma people between 18 and 30 years to participate in a European Voluntary Service (Erasmus+ program) project in Brussels. The 12 months lasting project (September 2015 – August 2016), offers diverse learning and service opportunities, international advocacy work, including national and international seminars, and active involvement in the Roma activism group and international Roma networks in Brussels. The volunteer will work about 38 hours per week, including the language course (French or Dutch, dependent on his/her own decision). Working hours will be from Monday to Friday between 9:30 – 18:00. However, working hours will be adapted to the volunteers’ needs and the activities they will be involved in.
The main tasks of volunteer will be:
- Communication and visibility: update of the ERGO Network and RomaReact.org websites and social media channels; development of creative approaches and realization of publicity social work promoting ERGO Network’s activities and its mission and a positive image of Roma. Coordination of volunteers´ contributions to RomaReact.org.
- Researching and reporting on specific topics; Cases of inequality and Anti-Gypsyism all around the Europe, visualise conditions of Roma community, success and failures of projects involving Roma. The volunteer will gather information about those cases and publish them on RomaReact.org website and promote them on various networks.
- Support the ERGO Network employees in the advocacy work, during events, debates, events, hearings and meeting with important stakeholders to challenge stereotypes and racism, build partnership with other Roma and non-Roma organizations from Belgium as well as from other European countries.
- Assist in the organisation of meetings in Brussels – Liaise with and participate in events of TernYpe and Phiren Amenca.
- Young Roma between 18 and 30 years form a country of the European Union, preferably in Hungary or Romania.
- Excellent English language skills, both oral and written,. Basic knowledge of Romani language will be considered a strong advantage.
- At least a bachelor degree in journalism, political science, international relations, development studies, territorial studies or any relevant area of expertise.
- Highly organised and with attention to details Familiarity with website updating and social media is desirable
- Ability to work independently and under minimum supervision
- Previous involvement in Roma or pro(Roma) NGOs will be considered an advantage
ERGO Network will cover accommodation, local public transport and language course (French or Dutch) for the selected volunteer. The volunteer will also receive a monthly allowance following the EVS guidelines for Belgium. ERGO Network will possibly add a small extra for monthly allowance: this will be determined on a later stage.
How to apply?
To apply you should send your motivation letter (max 1 page), CV (max 2 pages) by the 12th of July to email@example.com.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview in the following week. A writing assignment is part of the selection procedure. ERGO Network reserves the time for taking the decision on the selected volunteer till the end of July.
In you need additional information send and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org