Deadline: 15 July 2015
Open to: young women from Jordan and USA
Fellowship: travel and accommodation costs covered for participation in a business program + 4 grants to be awarded (USD 25,000 each)
Open Hands Initiative seeks 20 inspiring, extraordinary young women entrepreneurs to participate in a once-in-a-lifetime exchange program taking place in Amman, Jordan in October 2015. This program will bring together 10 women entrepreneurs building businesses in Jordan, with 10 women entrepreneurs from across the US, in a unique program led by an international team of successful business women.
Open Hands Initiative, in partnership with Angel Resource Institute and its Women First Enterprise program, is offering this exciting opportunity to provide promising young women from different cultures the chance to learn best practices from accomplished international women leaders and innovators. The program provides entrepreneurial training, in a unique collaborative manner, and is focused on women in recognition of the importance of women’s leadership to the stability, growth, and economic vitality of any community.
Topics to be covered during the educational program include critical technical know-how for business founders, such as analyzing your company’s financials, negotiating its valuation, and pitching to investors. Soft skills will also be addressed, like how to build confidence and be an inspirational and effective leader.
Personally enriching cultural events will be part of the program as well, including a trip to Petra (one of the seven wonders of the modern world) with an overnight under the desert stars.
- Young women, preferably ages 20 to 30;
- Early stage development, but with at least 9 months of operating experience, with a high potential, high growth, high impact business;
- Active engagement in community;
- Business has an international component with interest in Jordan and the Middle East and North Africa region;
- Expressed interest in cross-cultural exchange; a desire to learn in fellowship with others;
- Proficient in the English language;
- Active founder or co-founder with significant personal stake in the outcome of the business;
- First time entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply.
This comprehensive business training program will cover all travel and accommodations for the entrepreneurs. In addition, four grants of USD 25,000 each will be awarded to the top four entrepreneurs (two U.S., two Jordanian) deemed most ready to accelerate their business plans. All entrepreneurs will benefit from the international entrepreneurial training, personal mentorship, and unique cultural experience.
All applicants have to fill in the application form in English or Arabic language:
Apply latest by 15 July 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.