Deadline: 31 August 2015
Open to: female students with a Bachelor degree in computer and information science or equivalent program coming from Serbia or Bosnia and Herzegovina
Scholarship: EUR 420 per month
The Faculty of Computer and Information Science and Comtrade offer a Comtrade Scholarship for full-time study at the Master’s level at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science, Ljubljana, Slovenia, for female foreign citizens from Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina enrolling in the Master’s programme in the academic year 2015/2016.
The Master’s programme in Computer and Information Science is a two-year programme (4 semesters, 120 ECTS credit equivalent). The study programme is conducted partially in Slovenian and partially in English.
The Comtrade scholarship holder has to:
- Fulfill her study requirements and complete her studies at the Master’s level in two years;
- Prepare her master thesis on a topic preferably related to Comtrade business topics and carried out as a research in cooperation with Comtrade;
- Work at Comtrade for one month during summer holidays (e.g. EDIT tutor, work on the delivery of projects, internal trainings) for no special reimbursement other than the provided Comtrade scholarship;
- Attend a small number of events promoting scholarship support during, and wherever convenient, after completing her study,
- Be a full time student and avoid any kind of working activities at other companies except activities as a tutor at the faculty (max two hours per week);
- In case that study is not completed within a year after the termination of the two year scholarship, reimburse the scholarship paid by Comtrade, with default interest.
The following candidates may apply for admission to the Master’s programme in Computer and Information Science:
Female citizens from Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina enrolling in the Master’s programme in the academic year 2015/2016;
- Graduates of 1st cycle Bachelor degree study programmes of computer or information science or study programmes related to the natural or technical sciences (mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, chemistry and chemical technology, mechanical engineering, civil engineering);
- Graduates of 1st cycle Bachelor degree study programmes from fields other than those indicated above, who have completed the following requirements from the 1st cycle Bachelor study programme Computer and Information Science prior to enrollment or have covered the subject matter of these subjects during their Bachelor degree studies: Introduction to Programming, Discrete Structures, Introduction to Digital Circuits, Computer Systems Architecture, Introduction to Information Systems.
The accepted candidate will be granted a scholarship in the amount of EUR 420 per month for two consecutive years paid by Comtrade.
The accepted candidate will be given a maximal workload of 2 hours per week as a tutor. In case where a candidate withdraws from the programme, she is required to reimburse the scholarship paid by Comtrade, with default interest.
The beneficiary of the scholarship has to provide:
- Her own mandatory health insurance. This has to be settled before the start of study;
- The Faculty of Computer and Information Science agrees to provide adequate form of office space, library privileges and other normal assistance to the beneficiary of the scholarship;
- The Faculty of Computer and Information Science agrees to assist in finding suitable rental accommodation for the student, and where needed, assistance in immigration formalities.
How to apply?
Candidates with foreign higher education qualifications are required to have their education recognized in Slovenia prior to access to the graduate or postgraduate studies in Slovenia. The recognition procedure starts at the request of the candidate who submits the request with the prescribed form The Application for the Recognition of Foreign Education for the Purpose of Continuing the Education (hereinafter referred to as the N-form)
Please send the application for recognition of foreign education in paper (hard copy) to:
Univerza v Ljubljani
Kongresni trg 12
The candidates are required to submit the following documents along with the N-Form:
- The original of the certificate or diploma to be recognized and to establish the right to the access, application and treatment in the enrollment procedures;
- A photocopy of the document(s) referred to in the first Indent;
- A certified Slovenian translation of the document(s) referred to in the first Indent;
- Annual report cards, transcripts or any other certificate(s) of the content and duration of education;
- A short chronological description of the entire education process prepared by the candidate.
Applications should be sent no later than 31 August 2015 together with all required documents for enrollment into the study program, (more details you can find HERE) to:
University of Ljubljana
Faculty of Computer and Information Science
Večna pot 113
For any questions contact Student Affairs Office at email@example.com and +386 14 798 123.
For more information please visit the official website.