Deadline: 20 August 2015
Open to: applicants aged 18 – 35 with some experience in activities with Roma young people, communities and organisations
Venue: 19-22 October 2015, Budapest, Hungary
The second Roma Youth Conference organised by the Youth Department of the Council of Europe will be held during 19-22 October 2015 at the European Youth Centre Budapest. The Roma Youth Conference aims to bring together Roma youth organisations, Roma youth representatives and relevant Roma youth stakeholders for taking stock of the results and relevance of the action plan so far and to discuss the future orientations of the Roma Youth Action Plan. The main objectives of the conference are:
- To discuss, promote and learn from the Roma Youth Action Plan experiences and practices;
- To promote and enable the participation of young Roma in policy making process at all levels;
- To emphasize the role of Roma youth in fighting antigypsyism;
- To enhance the inclusion of youth matters in policies and programmes dealing with Roma issues and promoting the inclusion of Roma youth issues in youth policies and programmes within the Council of Europe and all relevant stakeholders;
- To shape the future of the Roma Youth Action Plan in coordination with young people in relation to the Council of Europe’s policies and programmes and other relevant Roma and youth stakeholders;
- To analyse the current place of Roma youth issues in regards of the national Roma inclusion policies, such as the National Roma Integration Strategies and other relevant policies.
The Roma Youth Conference is a three days and half event involving some 80 participants. The conference is designed as a multi-stakeholder and non-formal intercultural learning environment, where young people and stakeholder representatives can exchange their experience in working with Roma and young Roma, and build upon previous experiences and results. Representatives of relevant international organisations and institutions working and supporting Roma issues will be also invited to take part at the conference. The working languages will be English and Romanes. Interpretation possibilities into other languages may be considered according to need.
The conference will bring together representatives and active leaders of Roma youth organisations, young Roma active in other organisations and projects, representatives of other European and national youth organisations and networks policy makers and representatives of international organisations and foundations will also actively take part in the conference. All participants should:
- Be aged between 18 and 35 years (exceptions will be possible based on the quality of the application form);
- Be motivated and committed to contribute to the conference and its outcomes;
- Be active and have some experience in activities with Roma young people, communities and organisations;
- Be able to work in English or Romanes;
- Be available for the whole duration of the conference.
The conference will take place at the European Youth Centre Budapest. Accommodation and meals will be provided by the Council of Europe. Travel expenses to and from Budapest will be reimbursed according to the rules of the Council of Europe. Visa costs will be reimbursed by the Council of Europe. The Council of Europe secretariat will issue invitation letter that should facilitate the delivery of visas to attend the conference.
How to apply?
The deadline for the applications is 20 August 2015. All interested candidate must apply online, completing the application form HERE.