Deadline: 30 July 2015
Open to: non-governmental and intergovernmental organizations who are actively engaged in advocacy activities in support of the Post 2015 Development Agenda
Grants: grants range from USD 5,000 to USD 100,000
The Elevate Children Funders Group (ECFG) was founded in 2011 by a group of private foundations working collectively in order to make key challenges facing children and youth a more significant global priority. With a focus on violence against children and alternative care/family strengthening, the group works at both international and national levels to build a stronger evidence base, strengthen advocates’ leadership and communication efforts, and mobilise more resources to support proven interventions.
The United Nations (UN) Summit for the Adoption of the Post 2015 Development Agenda scheduled for 25-27 September 2015 in New York will define the future global development agenda through 2030. The current report for the Summit cites 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDS) which includes several goals pertaining to Violence against Children (VaC).
- Prevent and protect children from violence;
- Strengthen systems for family based care;
- Reduce dependence on the institutionalization of children.
The purpose of the fund is to support advocacy and communications related to the Post 2015 Development Agenda, with the goal of securing the strongest possible language relating to VaC in the final documents.
Non-governmental and intergovernmental organizations who are actively engaged in advocacy activities in support of the Post 2015 Development Agenda are eligible to apply for the fund.
Potential grantee organizations may apply for grants ranging from USD 5,000 to USD 100,000. The funders are also open to cross organizational collaboration (i.e. four or more agencies) for funds in excess of USD 100,000.
How to apply?
To apply for a grant you should provide the following information:
- Grantee information- organization title, mission, website, principle contact, bank details;
- Purpose and timeline of funding- Please describe what you will use this funding for and why it is important at this time in the Post 2015 process. Specify the timeline related to the proposed activities. (No more than 2-3 paragraphs);
- Relation to broader framework- How does your activity support or fit into broader advocacy efforts to keep VaC on the Post 2015 agenda? (No more than 2 paragraphs);
- Partner agencies- What other agencies or organizations are involved in your proposed activity?
- Budget- State your key budget areas in a basic format. If you have been able to identify any co-funding for this project, please indicate this in your proposal;
- Evaluation and Monitoring- What is your indicator of success? How will you document & measure the impact of the contribution?
- Length- Please note that the total submission should be no more than two pages in total.
Please deliver your submissions to:
Elevate Children Funders Group
10 Rockefeller Plaza, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10020-1903
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for applying is 31 July 2015.
For more information check the official call.