Deadline: 1 August 2015
Open to: creative international journalist
Venue: 16-19 May 2016, Copenhagen, Denmark
Women Deliver’s 4th Global Conference, taking place 16-19 May 2016, will be the largest gathering on girls’ and women’s health and rights in the last decade and one of the first major global conferences following the launch of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Women Deliver’s conferences have become some of the world’s biggest global convening to focus on the health, rights, and well-being of girls and women.
The focus of the conference will be on how to implement the SDGs so they matter most for girls and women, with a specific focus on health – in particular maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights – and on gender equality, education, environment, and economic empowerment.
They expect 5,000-6,000 attendees in 2016 including:
- 2,000 Organizations;
- Over 150 Countries;
- 1,200 Young People;
- 500 Journalists;
- Private sector representatives from multiple industries;
- UN Agencies and government representatives, including ministers and parliamentarians from over 25+ countries.
Participation at the Women Deliver 2016 Conference provides journalists with opportunities to interact with the thousands of attendees and cover the issues, solutions, high level participation, research findings, and more.
A media scholarship will include:
- Conference registration;
- Round-trip economy class airline travel between your home airport and Copenhagen, Denmark, which will be arranged by Women Deliver’s travel provider;
- Reimbursement of the fees to acquire a new visa as required to enter Denmark (In order to obtain reimbursement, you will be required to present a receipt at the conference. Women Deliver will not pay any fees associated with obtaining new passports or renewing expired passports.);
- USD 50 for ground transportation to and from the airport within your home country and round trip ground transportation between the Copenhagen airport and your hotel (arrangements will be made by Women Deliver and will require the use of mass transportation);
- Overnight accommodations at a hotel selected by Women Deliver in Copenhagen for the duration of the conference;
- USD 50 per diem, per night stayed at the hotel to attend the conference (per diems will not include any extended stays).
How to apply?
In order to apply you should register and follow the steps. Application deadline is 1 August 2015.
If you have any questions, please email to [email protected].
For more information please visit the official website.