Deadline: 18 September 2015
Open to: recent graduates between the age of 18 and 28 from EU, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein
Fellowship: monthly subsistence of 4,128 CHF (approximately EUR 3,958), insurance
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter – the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
The VIA (Volontaires Internationaux en Administration) is a French international corporate placement programme for young professionals. VIA awards approximately 25 positions per year. Contracts are expected to start on the 1 February 2016 in Switzerland. VIA contracts are granted for one year initially and are normally extended for a second year.
- You are a European Union national or European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein);
- You are between 18 and 28 years old (you must not be over 28 years old on 01.02.2016);
- You studied in the field of applied science, computing, engineering, or administration and you hold a university degree (Bachelor or Master or about to graduate);
- You have between 0 and 5 years of relevant experience (after your diploma);
- Candidates who are currently preparing a diploma are eligible to apply. However, they are expected to have obtained their diploma by the time they take up their appointment at CERN.
- Monthly subsistence of CHF 4,128 (approximately EUR 3,958);
- Contract from 12 to 24 months;
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month;
- 40 hours/week;
- Insurance coverage by a French Insurance company (at the moment Cabinet Filhet-Allard & Cie, Paris);
- VIA can live in Switzerland without any restriction and in a limited catchment area on the French side.
How to apply?
- Completed electronic application form;
- Copy of your diploma (if not yet obtained, latest version of your academic transcript and certificate of expected graduation date);
- Photocopy of the most recent (highest) qualification (recommended);
- Reference letter (recommended).
The application form and supporting documents should be submitted on your candidate profile using the e-recruitment system. Incomplete applications at the deadline will not be considered.
Deadline for applying is 18 September 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.