Deadline: 10 August 2015
Open to: applicants with a master’s degree/second-level degree in Sociology or equivalent
Fellowship: NOK 430,500 – 483,700 per annum (approximately EUR 48,870 – 53,736)
University of Oslo, Department of Sociology and Human Geography, is inviting applications for 1 – 2 PhD Research Fellowships in Sociology. The position is for a period of up to 4 years with 25% compulsory work. Research fellows should have research interests within one or more of the main areas of Sociological research at the Department:
- Global challenges;
- Migration and integration;
- Cultural and political participation;
- The Nordic model;
- Family and the life course;
- Social inequality;
- Working life;
The applicant must provide a tentative description (5-10 pages) of a PhD research project that she or he wants to carry out during the fellowship period. The project description should include an account of how the project relates to the mentioned research areas. The position requires that the person who is hired participates in the Faculty of Social Sciences’ organised research education programme (PhD programme) and that the work results in a doctorate in Sociology. The person who is hired will automatically be admitted to the PhD programme.
Applicants for the position of research fellow must have a master’s degree/second-level degree in Sociology or equivalent. The master’s thesis must have been submitted before the application deadline.
The position is remunerated by salary of the level 50 – 57 NOK 430,500 – 483,700, (approximately EUR 48,870 – 53,736) depending on qualifications. Moreover, research fellows will obtain attractive welfare benefits and pension arrangements in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 10 August 2015. The electronic application should include:
- A letter of application;
- A project proposal (5-10 pages) which must include the topic, relevant theory and methods and time-line. Applicants are expected to be able to complete the project during the appointment period. If the project requires field work/data collection, costs must be calculated and presented in a budget;
- CV with full summary of education, practice and academic work. The period of enrolment (admission-completion) in the master’s study programme must be specified;
- Academic transcripts (university degrees only);
- Master’s thesis. Please note that your thesis must be uploaded and registered as an «Attachment» in the electronic application;
- Complete list of publications and any academic work.
The application and all supporting documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
For more information please visit the official website.