Deadline: 30 October 2015
Open to: self-driven educators, inspiring students with outside-the-box thinking around the world
Benefits: professional and career development opportunities and certifications
The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert program is an exclusive program created to recognize global educator, visionaries who are using technology to pave the way for their peers in the effective use of technology for better learning and student outcomes.
MIE Experts work closely with Microsoft to lead innovation in education. They advocate and share their thoughts on effective use of technology in education with peers and policy makers. MIE Experts also provide insight for Microsoft on new products and tools for education, and they exchange best practices as they work together to promote innovation in teaching and learning.
The MIE Expert program is a 3-year program. If you want to continue after three years as an expert, you will need to re-apply to the program by demonstrating that you have continued to grow as an educator by learning new technologies and applying them in your classroom in innovative ways. MIE Experts will be selected by the regional Microsoft representative based on the quality of the responses to the self-nominations form, the level of innovation and use of Microsoft tools described in the learning activity and the level of detail in how becoming a part of the program will impact both teaching and student learning.
MIE Expert program is looking for self-driven educators who are passionate about their careers, inspiring students with outside-the-box thinking and a true collaborative spirit. Resourceful and entrepreneurial, they relish the role of change agent, and work to achieve excellence in education using advanced technologies and social media.
- Receive publicity and promotion via social media and other Microsoft channels;
- Professional and career development opportunities and certifications;
- Share their expertise with world-renowned educators and specialists to scale their innovations;
- Present in Microsoft’s global EduCast Webinar series;
- Participate in focus groups giving feedback to a development teams on Microsoft products;
- Join invitation-only special events from Microsoft;
- Share their passion for Microsoft with peers and policymakers, and through social media, blogs and videos;
- Test out new products while in beta form;
- Represent Microsoft through product demonstrations, and by attending events;
- Build educator capacity in your community (school, district or at training events) by training and coaching colleagues and inviting them to join the online Microsoft Educator Community;
- Collaborate with innovative educators across the globe using Skype in the Classroom;
- Host regional events showcasing uses of Microsoft technology in the classroom;
- Achieve eligibility to attend the Microsoft Global Educator Exchange Event (E2), Spring 2016.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 30 October 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.