Deadline: 30 September 2015
Open to: single participants, groups, associations, civil initiatives, school classes and especially producers, actors and editorial teams in the field of citizen media work, resident in any location outside of Germany
Prizes: EUR 1,600 in cash prizes, trophy, certificate
The International Citizen Media Award 2015 intends to honor tremendous international work in the field of citizen media and its products in the categories Video and Audio that have been created by private, non-commercial producers. The award distinguishes the dedication of citizens of all countries and their audiovisual products and their reporting concerning locally, regionally, globally and socially relevant topics.
The European Parliament and Council declared the year 2015 to be the “European Year of Development”. The topic of this year’s Citizen Media Award was chosen parallel to the slogan of the year 2015. Citizen media make people from all over the world more sensitive for a global association and an active engagement.
With the announcement and choice of this topic, the supporters and sponsors of the Award want to inspire citizens to produce and broadcast TV and radio products concerning the topic “Sustainable Development”. The winners will be awarded on December 12 2015 at the Citizen Center Bennohaus in Münster (Germany).
- Producers. Single participants, groups, associations, civil initiatives, school classes and especially producers, actors and editorial teams in the field of citizen media work, resident in any location outside of Germany;
- Only one product per producer;
- Production period. Between 1 October 2014 and 30 September 2015;
- Duration. No product should be longer than 20 minutes;
- The submissions must be in English or must have English subtitle.
- At least SD resolution (PAL/NTSC);
- Recommended file container: .mp4 or .mov;
- Recommended codec: .h264;
- Recommended bit rate: at least 4000 kbps;
- Recommendations for subtitles:
• Arial (font), white with black margin;
• maximum of 2 lines per subtitle (page), centered.
- File container: .wav, .mp3 or .ogg;
- Data Rate: at least 192 kbps;
- Sample Rate: at least 44100 Hz.
- Winner. EUR 1,000, trophy and certificate;
- Runner up. Participation in an international media camp, trophy and certificate;
- Third Place. EUR 300, trophy and certificate.
Winner will receive EUR 300, trophy and certificate.
How to apply?
There are several ways to deliver your product:
- As Video DVD;
- As Audio CD (only applies to products in the category “Audio”);
- As Mini DV tape or DVCAM tape;
- As File saved on one of the following storage devices: DVD, CD, USB flash drive, SD card;
- Online via FTP download or a filehoster or permanently available on a video portal (like YouTube).
In order to register for the 2nd International Citizen Media Award, you have to sign the application form and send it back (if you contact them online, provide a scan of the signed form) – in one delivery with your product. Otherwise, your submission will be revoked.
Don’t forget to properly mark the storage device (in case you send it online, include all necessary information in the file name):
- Your Name;
- Title of the product;
- Date of production;
You can apply online at [email protected] (including the download link to the product) or by post to:
Keyword: ICMA 2015
Deadline for applying is 30 September 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.