Deadline: 24 August 2015
Open to: applicants with BA degree relevant for this internship and current enrolment for MA degree
Remuneration: a stipend of EUR 300 gross per month
The Netherlands Institute of International Relations ‘Clingendael’ is the leading Dutch think tank and diplomatic academy on international affairs. The institute provides public and private sector organizations with in-depth analysis of global developments in the fields of international security and conflict management, EU integration and EU in the world. Clingendael specifically focuses on the position and the role of the Netherlands and the EU.
With Clingendael Research, there is an opening for an intern (for 36 hours per week) for the team working on the EU in the World, from 14 September 2015 – 14 December 2015 in The Hague, The Netherlands . The research team working on EU in the world provides analysis and policy advice for governments, international and intergovernmental organizations, research councils and other bodies. Research themes include the EU’s neighbourhood policy and cooperation with global strategic partners, EU external representation in multilateral fora, global issues, and trends in diplomacy. This internship focuses on innovation in diplomacy in the digital age. The intern will have following tasks:
- Research assistance for research projects relating to the impact of digitalization on diplomacy and the role of social media/digital diplomacy;
- Pro-active assistance with two research projects, one on South Korean ‘digital diplomacy’ in the context of the strategic partnership with the EU; the other on the use of digital tools including social media in the context of the EU in international crises. This is the major component of the internship;
- Organizing conferences, expert meetings, other events and team meetings with the researchers, in particular contributing to content-preparation, practical organization and meeting reports. This is a minor component of the internship;
- Contributions to writing background material, drafts and social media content.
Following qualifications are required:
- BA degree relevant for this internship and current enrolment for MA degree;
- Excellence in research, familiarity with research methods, good English writing skills;
- Interest in social media and the impact of digitalization on international relations;
- Service minded, social skills, capable of reaching deadlines;
- Excellent knowledge of English. Good working knowledge of Korean and/or Dutch is an asset;
- Capable of working independently on the basis of instructions, team player;
- Network-oriented, feeling at home in international environment.
The internship is remunerated by a stipend of EUR 300 gross per month. Clingendael also offers the opportunity to gain practical, policy oriented research experience in one of Europe’s top ranking think tanks, in close cooperation with its researchers and stakeholders as policy makers, academics and (international) organizations.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 24 Augut 2015. Interested candidates can send an application letter together with a curriculum vitae to [email protected]. Please indicate the vacancy number of the position you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail as well as in your application letter (RESINT.15.07.27).
For more information please visit the official website.