Deadline: 4 September, 2015
Open to: candidates who have a background experience in youth development work, a passion for youth work, as well as a desire to continue personal development in the field of youth work. Candidates should speak English and Macedonian and be based in Skopje
Payment: to be specified
The BOOM program was first launched in 2014 under the slogan ” Be Yourself, Open your mind, Gain Opportunities and Make a Difference”. It’s a new program of Mladiinfo International for the development of the youth in Municipality of Gazi Baba, Skopje. In its first year running, the program has offered 21 students from the local primary schools in the municipality the opportunity to boost their self-confidence, their clarity in bringing decisions, their communication skills and deeper understanding of the world (and that was just part of the topics that the program covered). The program targets more specifically youth aged 12 to 14 and the weekly sessions take place in the Center for Youth and NGOs where the Mladiinfo offices are located as well. For the needs of the program, we are looking for one Coordinator who will take care for the BOOM Youth Development Program.
The BOOM Youth Development Program Coordinator is expected to have background experience in youth development work, a passion for youth work, as well as a desire to continue personal development in the field of youth work. He or she must also demonstrate responsibility and discipline in regularly keeping record of attendance, direct contact with participants, and general Facebook posts. Ideally, the candidate should know English and Macedonian, and should be based in Skopje.
- Be trained in youth development work and BOOM facilitator expectations,
- Prior to each weekly session: Modify sessions as necessary, practice the session for a least an hour prior to facilitation, prepare materials, and execute the session, or coordinate and confirm the guest speakers or field trip.
- During the sessions: Engage the youth, note youth participation and energy levels, take pictures, and flexibly adapt the session as needed in order to maximize youth engagement and development.
- After each session: Evaluate each section of the session – what went well and what could be improved – as well as the progress of each of the individual participants and what can be done to continue to support, or improve the support of, participants
- Between sessions:
- Spend at least 1 hour of continued personal development/week in the field of youth work,
- Research up-to-date resources to provide further support and educate on session topics,
- Post 2-4 of these resources on the Facebook page each week,
- Post session pictures (where willing participants are tagged) and other relevant youth development material throughout the week (at least once every business day, and once over the weekend,
- Update all (attendance, Facebook posts, contacts, etc) reporting records,
- Contact individual BOOM participants as needed,
- Support the youth throughout both the development and execution of their service project
- Plan and execute the closing BOOM certificate ceremony
If interested, please send your questions, letter of interest and CV to [email protected] latest by 4 September, 2015 (extended deadline). Please indicate “BOOM Youth Development Program Coordinator” in the subject of your e-mail.