Deadline: 19 August 2015
Open to: advanced studies or University degree in Communications, European Studies, International Relations or related fields
Remuneration: remunerated under Belgian law by a “Contrat d’immersion professionelle”
EUNIC is the network of the European national institutes for culture. Formed in 2006, EUNIC is a recognized leader in cultural cooperation. EUNIC has 33 members from 27 EU member states that are based in over 150 countries with more than 2,000 branches and thousands of local partners. The members work in the arts, language, youth, education, science, intercultural dialogue and development sectors. The EUNIC Global Office in Brussels coordinates the work of over 90 EUNIC clusters around the world.
The Cultural Relations Assistant will be doing research, communications and administration work within the EUNIC global office team. The trainee ship will be for a period of 6 months, starting on 27 August 2015.
- Advanced studies or University degree in Communications, European Studies, International Relations or related fields;
- Experience in working with the Belgian administration, social legislation and local service suppliers;
- French and English at C1 level, knowledge of Dutch is an asset;
- Keen interest in Cultural Diplomacy and Cultural Relations;
- Basic knowledge and understanding of European Institutions;
- Knowledge of and interest in Social Media and Social Media Marketing (Facebook and Twitter);
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (including Excel), familiarity with Mac OS is an asset;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Able to multitask and priorities own work, attention to detail in order to ensure outstanding quality and consistency;
- Attention to detail in order to ensure outstanding quality and consistency;
- Preferably previous experience in project management and seminar organising;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
The trainee ship is remunerated under Belgian law by a “Contrat d’immersion professionelle”. It is mandatory for the trainee to hold advanced studies/ university degree (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s degree or equivalent). The trainee must have the right to legally work in the EU.
How to apply?
Please send completed application form in English to :[email protected] stating the title of the position in the subject line, before 19 August 2015, midnight (12 am UTC+1). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information please visit the official website.