Deadline: 4 September 2015
Open to: applicants with advanced level of English and excellent communications skills
Remuneration: monthly salary of EUR 900
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others. With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters.
GRI is looking to recruit an intern interested in a non-profit career and gaining essential skills in event management, communications and relationship management. The internship is available for 6 months on a full-time basis (40 hrs per week) with the starting date as soon as possible (by 14 September 2015). The intern will be working for the Marketing Communications team, in close cooperation with the Senior Coordinator Conference & Events and the External Engagements & Events Coordinator in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The intern will have following tasks:
- Assist with logistics and planning for GRI’s own events and side events;
- Provide support in processing GRI information including monthly updates from the Regional Hub in GRI’s external engagements excel overview;
- Support the preparation of agenda for organizing committee meetings for GRI events and taking meeting minutes;
- Support in following up on email correspondence and events email outbox;
- Information gathering for external engagements to support the organizing committee in making assessment/recommendations;
- Support in updating the GRI events website;
- Assist with social media outreach and engagement;
- Assist in updating external engagements overview on Google Maps;
- Provide general support to the Senior Coordinator Conference & Events and the External Engagements & Events Coordinator with the preparation of events.
All applicants should meet these requirements:
- Advanced level fluency in written and spoken English;
- Interested in a career involving events and communications;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Personal traits as accuracy and thoroughness;
- Ability to work with individuals from a range of different backgrounds;
- Good team player with a “can do” attitude.
The position is remunerated by salary of EUR 900 per month (gross).
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 4 September 2015 before 12 noon. Interested people eligible to work in the Netherlands are asked to submit a detailed CV and a short cover letter that describes how this placement may advance their future intentions and goals in the sustainability field and what their qualifications are for the position. Applications should be submitted in English to the HR Department on [email protected]Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
For more information please read the official call.