Deadline: 15 September 2015
Open to: participants form Program and Partner countries for Erasmus plus program, 18-30 years old, who has not participate in EVS project before
Benefits: accommodation, food and pocket money, travel costs, health insurance, visa
Crossing Borders is an NGO which works to provide young people and educators with knowledge about diversity and globalization as well as tools for creating space for dialogue among different cultures and viewpoints. Crossing Borders is based in Humlebæk, Denmark and has activities in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and South America.
The aim is Ananda Gaorii to become a self-reliant and ecological community offering experiential learning in the fields of healthy diet and lifestyle, organic farming, sustainable lifestyle, local economy, gift economy, permaculture, art, community design, project management, etc. Volunteers will have the opportunity to participate in activities organized by us as well as to develop their own projects.
The project dates are 1 February 2016 to 30 November 2016 (long term-10 months).
The volunteers can be involved in the following activities:
- Maintaining and developing the farm to make it more sustainable and self-reliant (e.g. improving food growing techniques, recycling, energy usage, water usage, etc.);
- Repair and improvement of buildings and facilities, e.g. construction of green houses, composting toilets, painting and decoration, etc.;
- Coordinating and guiding short-term volunteers;
- Arranging and hosting workshops/trainings on group facilitation, community governance, non-violent communication, project planning, local economy, permaculture, horticulture, yoga and meditation, healthy lifestyle, etc.;
- Working on transition style initiatives to improve the resilience of the local economy and community;
- Crowd-funding and other forms of funding;
- Website maintenance and development;
- Participating in the routines of community life, which include daily yoga and meditations, cooking, cleaning, work meetings, cultural evenings and learning evenings.
This is a call for participants form Program and Partner countries for Erasmus plus program, 18-30 years old, who has not participate in EVS project before.
This project is looking for motivated volunteers having good sense of community life and cooperation. They should also be eager to take initiatives and be ready to work with people coming from different social and educational backgrounds.
Because they live in a vegetarian community, a vegetarian diet will have to be followed by all volunteers. In addition, they do not allow drugs, alcohol or cigarettes on our premises.
The EVS project will cover the following costs:
- Food and pocket money;
- Travel costs;
- Health insurance;
- Visa costs.
Interested candidates, please send your CV and motivation letter to them no later than 15 September 2015 on: email@example.com.
For more information please visit the official website.