Deadline: 18 September 2015
Open to: placed locally /regionally in Romania (Transylvania ) and Bulgaria (Plovdiv, Stara Zagora and Sliven) with a possibility to extent in the other regions
Remuneration: competitive salary
Roma Enterprise Development Initiative (REDI) is a project financed by the Council of Europe Development Bank, in collaboration with the Roma Initiatives Office of the Open Society Foundations and Impulse Europe as Fund Manager of CoopEst – a Social Investment Fund active in Central and Eastern Europe.
The Business Facilitator (BF) key role is to assist the entrepreneur in bridging the gap between the community and the outside world. BF can translate the terms into easy to understandable language and generates a sense of comfort. The Business Facilitator is the constant point of contact between the entrepreneur and the support package and support ecosystem.
Its role includes:
- Community connection;
- Individual Entrepreneurs support;
- Program design and management input;
- Mapping the business environment and connecting the entrepreneurs with it.
- Placed locally /regionally (face to face meetings on a constant basis with entrepreneurs) in Romania (Transylvania ) and Bulgaria (Plovdiv, Stara Zagora and Sliven) with a possibility to extent in the other regions;
- Placed in high potential communities identified together with non-banking financial institutions (Roma communities where we assess that there is a potential for business development, there are already existing initiatives of Roma entrepreneurs and they are part of the geographically selected area by NBFIs that currently cover or are able and interested in covering);
- Able to generate respect and trust in the community;
- Positive, proactive, solution-oriented attitude;
- Facilitation skills;
- Digitally literate (basics);
- Can think and translate between the two worlds (Roma community, business);
- Availability for part time / full time nine months starting in October.
- Strong connection with Roma community;
- Ability to act as an independent sub-contractor (SRL, PFA, civil service contract);
- Ideally with an entrepreneurship background (having successfully run his/her own business);
- With connections in the region or with the ability to generate and foster them long term availability and connection with the program;
- Ability to understand and read financial instruments;
- Ideally Romani and English speaking;
- It will report to the Country Coordinator.
Your application should consist of:
- CV (English or local language);
- Letter of intention that includes: your current take on Roma entrepreneurs need and use of capital and growth, key previous experiences and attributed that recommend you for the role and a description of how you want to approach the community and the entrepreneurs.
Send your application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applying is 18 September 2015.
For more information please check the official call.