Deadline: 10 October 2015
Open to: highly motivated candidate with a PhD degree in physics, mineralogy, geochemistry, inorganic chemistry, or other relevant discipline
Fellowship: NOK 483,700 – 550,400 (EUR 52,200- 59,400) per year, depending on qualifications and seniority
University of Oslo seeks a highly motivated candidate with a PhD degree in physics, mineralogy, geochemistry, inorganic chemistry, or other relevant discipline to work within the project “Disequilibrium Metamorphism of Stressed Lithosphere” (DIME) funded by an ERC Advanced grant.
The Post doctoral positions will be part of the cross-disciplinary research group ‘Physics of Geological Processes’ (PGP) at the University of Oslo. PGP includes researchers from Department of Geosciences and Department of Physics and combine experimental studies, field studies, numerical modeling and theory to understand geological processes.
The postdoctoral fellow will play an important role in developing and carrying out novel studies of nanometer scale interactions between mineral surfaces and mineral surfaces and fluids, using a newly acquired Atomic Force Microscope and a Surface Force Apparatus.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- The candidate must have a strong experimental background, preferably with a high level of competence in the area of Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM). Experience with AFM force measurements in fluids, and with colloidal probe techniques, will be considered advantageous, as will any previous research on mineral surfaces and fluid-rock interactions be considered beneficial;
- Candidates are expected to be able to work independently, and to have good communication and collaboration skills;
- The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines;
- Please also refer to the regulations pertaining to the conditions of employment for postdoctoral fellowship positions;
- A good command of English is required.
Pay Grade: 57 – 64 NOK 483,700 – 550,400 (EUR 52,200- 59,400) per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
The deadline for applications is 10 October 2015. Applicants must submit the following attachments with the online application:
- Application letter;
- Project description;
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity);
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation;
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee;
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
For more information please visit the official website.