Deadline: 18 November 2015
Open to: individuals aged between 18-35 years old from any part of the world
Prizes: winner will receive a EUR 50,000 cash prize, six finalists will each receive cash prizes of EUR 10,000
The Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneurs Awards were launched in 2013 to inspire and support the innovation and creativity of young people who are responding to the greatest global challenges facing all of us today.
This year, seven young entrepreneurs will receive a total of EUR 200,000 in funding and support to help take their sustainable solutions to the next level. The prize package includes funding, customised expert mentoring support, access to an online business development programme, a two-day accelerator workshop at the University of Cambridge, and networking with senior executives and sustainability leaders at Unilever’s headquarters.
One entrepreneur will take home the greatest prize fund and be presented with the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize at an unforgettable event in London.
- The competition is open to individuals from any part of the world;
- Applicants, or the the founder on whose behalf the applicant is applying, must be 18-35 years old at the time of entry;
- Entrants are required to be the initiative’s founder, co-founder, or equivalent;
- Initiatives must have grown beyond the conceptual stage—with the product, process, or enterprise already gaining traction among local communities or other markets;
- Entries cannot be accepted from current Unilever employees;
- Applications must be submitted in English. (The online programme, accelerator event and the pitch will all be delivered in English, and proficiency in written and oral English is required.);
- Solutions must relate to one or more of the UN Global Goals (Sustainable Development Goals) listed below:
- Global Goal 1 – No Poverty: End poverty in all its forms everywhere;
- Global Goal 2 – Zero Hunger: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture;
- Global Goal 5 – Gender Equality: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls;
- Global Goal 6 – Clean Water and Sanitation: Ensure availability and suitable management of water and sanitation for all;
- Global Goal 7 – Affordable and Clean Energy: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all;
- Global Goal 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all;
- Global Goal 12 – Responsible Consumption and Production: Ensure responsible consumption and production patterns;
- Global Goal 13 — Climate Action: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
Entrants will be assessed on three main criteria:
- Innovation: The best entries will demonstrate a creative approach to the challenge they tackle and the solution they propose. This innovation may comprise new products or practices, or new applications, or hybrid combinations of existing tools;
- Measurable Impact: Entries should explain how the initiative delivers positive social, economic, and/or environmental impact, using both quantitative and qualitative data;
- Financial Sustainability: Entries should have a clear plan for reaching long-term goals and securing financial backing—they should describe not only how they currently finance their work, but also how they plan to finance it in the future;
You can find more information here.
- Six finalists will each receive cash prizes of EUR 10,000, along with support and mentorship (worth EUR 10,000).
- One winner will receive a EUR 50,000 cash prize and will be awarded the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize at an event in London in Spring 2016 and EUR 25,000 worth of support and mentoring.
- Click “Enter” and follow the instructions;
- For advice about how to create a stronger entry, read these tips;
- You must enter by Midnight GMT on 18 November 2015. No entries will be accepted after this point.
For more information please visit the official website.