Deadline: 8 October 2015
Open to: participants aged between 20-36 years from Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen
Costs: all costs related to accommodation, food, transport, insurance and visa are covered
She Entrepreneurs is a leadership programme for young emerging women social entrepreneurs in the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden. The programme aims to give the participants innovative tools for sustainable change while seeking to create an active network of women changemakers.
The participants must be social entrepreneurs from below mentioned countries who address social challenges and strive for positive social change through initiatives based on entrepreneurial principles.
She Entrepreneurs runs for one year, with participants meeting for ten days in Sweden and one week in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. In between the modules, the participants work on their own initiative locally, coached by group mentors over digital platforms.
- Applicants should have drive, ambition and interest to use social entrepreneurship to implement a social business initiative that you have already started working on;
- Applicants must be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen;
- Applicant’s social business initiative should be based and implemented in their country of citizenship or in one of the countries of the She Entrepreneurs programme listed above;
- Applicants must be between 20 and 36 years old;
- Applicants should have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English;
- Applicants should have basic knowledge of the internet and social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
All costs related to accommodation, food and transport, insurance and visa during the She Entrepreneurs Programme are covered by the Swedish Institute. The Institute will pay for air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme in the MENA region. Participants are themselves responsible for costs related to transport within their own countries. Swedish participants are expected to stay at the same hotel(s) as the MENA participants during the first module in Sweden.
The call for applications for She Entrepreneurs 2016 opens on 8 September 2015. The application deadline is 8 October 2015 at midnight (Central European Standard Time). You apply by filling out the She Entrepreneurs 2016 application form and submitting it through their online applications portal.
A complete application consists of:
- A completed She Entrepreneurs 2016 application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons;
- An updated CV in English;
- A photo (not compulsory).
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website.