Deadline: 30 October 2015
Open to: postdoctoral researcher from developing countries interested in global societal problems
Fellowship: travel cost, accommodation, grant
The WZB–ISSC Global Fellowship Programme enables an outstanding early career social scientist from a developing country to spend four to six months in 2016 in the exciting and stimulating environment of an exceptional social science research organization in the heart of Germany.
Besides allowing the Fellow to focus entirely on a dedicated research project, he/she is invited to participate in the intellectual life at the WZB. The Fellow will also become a member of the network of early career scientists the ISSC is building via its World Social Science Fellows programme.
The WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship Programme invites applications for one early career scientist (postdoctoral researcher with no more than 5 years’ work experience after their PhD or scientists without a PhD but with an equivalent level of research experience and output) residing and working in a developing country to conduct research for up to six months in 2016 at the WZB. The research project of the Fellow should focus on global societal problems with particular relevance to developing country contexts.
The Fellow will receive:
- A grant for up to six months at a level commensurate with a German postdoctoral researcher;
- A contribution to local accommodation (up to EUR 500 per month);
- Economy roundtrip ticket to and from Berlin;
- Workspace (equipped with PC, Internet and email access, telephone) as well as full library privileges and additional technical services.
How to apply?
To apply candidates should submit the following documents:
- A letter of motivation;
- A brief research proposal;
- A curriculum vitae;
- 2 letters of recommendation from current or past senior colleagues;
- An indication of their English language proficiency;
- An agreement from their home institution to the research stay in Germany, if selected.
Applications should be submitted electronically, preferably in one PDF document, to [email protected]