Deadline: 2 November 2015
Open to: people working on issues related to democratic citizenship
Global Education – The Citizenship Dimension is online training course designed to inspire and strengthen democratic citizenship aiming at transformation towards social justice and sustainability in a globalised world. The course is targeted at people working on issues related to democratic citizenship aiming at transformation towards social justice and sustainability in a globalised world. The course also welcomes students with a special interest in the topic.
Objectives of this course are:
- To offer a collaborative space for reflection on, co-design of, and action towards citizenship locally and globally;
- To review the existing concepts related to citizenship, civic engagement and participation in the context of global education;
- To question the existing policy approaches to citizenship education in a globalised world;
- To co-create new ways and approaches to citizenship and reflect on how to scale-up the pertinent ones;
- To identify the competences needed and possible paths to develop impactful context-based citizenship leading to social justice and sustainability;
- To connect thinkers, practitioners, innovators and other relevant actors in the field;
- To strengthen support mechanisms for increased impact.
- Be in command of the English language;
- Be able to spend a minimum of 10 hours per week (every week) on course work;
- Have basic ICT skills and internet access.
The North South Centre will provide scholarships of EUR 400, corresponding to the course value.
How to apply?
The application process consists of two steps:
- Submitting the online application form underneath with your personal and organisational details;
- Downloading the MS Word application form and sending this filled-in form by email to: email@example.com
For more information, please visit the official web-page.