Deadline: 23 October 2015
Open to: applicants with excellent English and computer skills
Remuneration: will be in the frame of employee contracts submitted to Belgian Law
The ALDE Party is the European political family, bringing together 55 liberal parties from 38 European countries. Its role is to strengthen its member parties and to communicate liberal policy ideas for Europe. The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party organises the activities of the party, manages the external communication and provides campaign strategy consultancy to member parties. To support the growing activities, ALDE is now seeking a Political Unit intern. Member of a young and international team, the intern will be part of the Political Unit. The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Assist in the administrative management of political projects implemented by member parties and co-sponsored by the ALDE Party;
- Assist the ALDE Party’s political unit with technical and political advice on on-going issues, notably within the field of campaigning and primarily include elements of data monitoring and mining;
- Assist in the research and development of a liberal policy database to provide ALDE Party and its member parties with election campaign and communication material based on liberal achievements in the European Parliament;
- Assist in the organisation of workshops and seminars;
- Maintain and update the ALDE Party members’ database.
All candidates should meet following requirements:
- The candidate should be available for a period of 6 months;
- S/He must be accurate, well organised and able to work independently in a small international team;
- S/He should be flexible, able to manage a variable workload, manage priorities and adapt to a busy environment;
- S/He must have excellent computer skills and notably advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Additional knowledge of statistical software such as e.g. SPSS or similar would be an asset;
- The candidate must have excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken), and will have both an eye for detail and necessary focus on in-depth analytical work;
- An understanding of European politics is desirable and in party politics in particular is needed. An affiliation with liberal party politics and values would be an asset;
- The place of work will be Brussels but there could be occasional travel within Europe.
The ALDE Party is a Belgian non-profit seeking international association and its staff is working in the frame of employee contracts submitted to Belgian Law. The intern will be offered a “Convention d’immersion professionnelle” contract.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 23 October 2015. Please apply by sending your Curriculum Vitae and application letter to [email protected] with “Political Unit intern vacancy” in the subject line.
For more information please visit the official website.