Course starts: 17 November 2015
Open to: everyone interested in the topic of human rights
Venue: you can enroll and take the course for free / USD 49 for course certificate
This is Amnesty International’s first human rights MOOC. The course provides active, fast-paced learning, connecting the gap between theory and practice. This short course will equip you with the knowledge to understand and claim your right to freedom of expression, and the skills and confidence to take action to defend it. You will learn from the experts at Amnesty International who will listen, guide and interact with participants.
The course will challenge you to think critically and devise effective actions to defend the human rights of others. You will be able to adapt the human rights of freedom of expression, association and assembly to real life situations and come face-to-face with human rights activists on the front line of human rights defense.
Consider signing up with a friend or group to take part in optional group activities together. Join the conversation on the Amnesty International Human Rights Education Facebook page.
Who can take the course?
Everyone with online access can take this course, whether you are in school, college, at university, taking the course as a group, or following it on your own in your free time.
What do you need to know?
No previous knowledge is needed.
What will you learn?
- Knowledge of Freedom of Expression as a human right;
- Ability to critically assess information related to Freedom of Expression;
- Skills and confidence to take action to defend Freedom of Expression;
- Explore human rights through case studies, including real cases of individuals at risk;
- Discover how actions are developed to defend people against human rights violation;
- Skills and knowledge to transform yourself into an agent of change;
- Empowerment to join other human rights defenders in your area and online;
- Take action for Amnesty’s annual global Write for Rights campaign and support Human Rights Day on 10 December 2015.
How to enroll?
Places are unlimited. You can enroll for FREE for this course which runs three weeks, from 17 November to 8 December 2015. You can claim your certificate at the end of the course for USD 49 fee.
Registration is open for free on the official website.