Deadline: 31 October 2015
Open to: candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity)
Remuneration: paid hourly salary and allowance towards travel expenses
The World Bank Group Internship offers highly motivated and successful individuals an opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting. Winter internships are done between December and March. Most positions are located in Washington, D.C. (some positions are offered in country offices) and are a minimum of four weeks in duration.
The job descriptions for interns vary. Some interns research particular projects while others actually help design projects and occasionally they participate in Bank missions.
This internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields who:
- Must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity);
- Fluency in English is required;
- Prior relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
The Bank Group pays an hourly salary to all interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance towards travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations.
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version;
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address;
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are mandatory);
- Provide the most current contact information;
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be the main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy;
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number);
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory) before submitting:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Statement of Interest;
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree.
Deadline for applying is 31 October 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.