Deadline: 15 November 2015
Open to: individuals across the world aged between 18-34 years old
Prize: first prize USD 200, second prize USD 150, third prize USD 100
UNESCO MGIEP is a specialised institute established in co-operation with the Government of India to play a leading role in research, knowledge sharing, capacity building and policy formulation in the area of education for peace, sustainability and global citizenship.
UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) invites entries for the Youth lens 2015: The Blue Dot magazine photo competition. The topic for the competition is “Education and Crisis”.
- Entries are accepted from individuals across the world;
- Entrants must be between the ages of 18-34;
- You must be passionate about photography;
- Photographs that have won any other contests, violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, relevance, and overall impact. Judging will be conducted by the Communications Team and the Director of UNESCO MGIEP.
The top three winning entries will be published in the January 2016 Issue of The Blue Dot, UNESCO MGIEP’s biannual magazine.
- First Prize: USD 200;
- Second Prize: USD 150;
- Third Prize: USD 100.
- Submit no more than three (3) photographs per person in a .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format. Photographs must be at least 2,000 pixels wide so that they can be displayed on our website without being stretched or distorted;
- Please include your full name, date and year of birth, current occupation, affiliation (ex. school, university or employment), an email address where we can contact you, and country of residence;
- Entries must be accompanied by a caption (approximately 100 words) describing the content and story behind the photo.
Please send photographs and requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applying is 15 November 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.