Deadline: 15 November 2015
Open to: women of any nationality pursuing a PhD/doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering
Fellowship: USD 10,000
Zonta Anchorange is a chartered club of Zonta International, a global service organization of executives in business and the professions working together to advance the status of women. Today, women remain a distinct minority in science and engineering, representing approximately 10 percent of professionals in these fields.
The Amelia Earhart Fellowship program helps talented women, pursuing advanced studies in the typically male-dominated fields of aerospace-related sciences and engineering, achieve their educational goals. The Fellowship enables these women to invest in state-of-the-art computers to conduct their research, purchase expensive books and resource materials, and participate in specialized studies around the globe. Amelia Earhart Fellows have gone on to become astronauts, aerospace engineers, astronomers, professors, geologists, business owners, heads of companies, even Secretary of the US Air Force.
- Women of any nationality pursuing a PhD/doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering are eligible;
- Current fellows may apply to renew the fellowship for a second year and will undergo the same application and evaluation procedures as first-time applicants;
- Applicants must be registered in a full-time PhD/doctoral program when funds are received in September and will not graduate before April.
Ineligible candidates are:
- Candidates in post doctoral research programs;
- Members and employers of Zonta International or the Zonta Internacional Foundation.
USD 10,000 is awarded to 35 Fellows around a glob each year. This fund could be renewed yearly.
How to apply?
Applications must be send by 15 November 2015. Fill in the application form and send it back to email@example.com including the following documents:
- Biographical information;
- Plans on intended study;
- List of official details transcripts;
- List of Scholarships/Fellowships and honors (if any);
- List of publications (if any);
- Employment history;
- Essay on academic Program and professional goals;
- 3 recommendations from Professors (one letter must be from the thesis supervisor);
- Verification of current enrollment form from any university.
For more information please visit the official website.