Deadline: applications accepted throughout the year
Open to: media professionals with strong proficiency in Russian or Kazakh
Fellowship: duration of 12 months, starting in early 2016
The International Center for Journalists seeks outstanding applicants for a one-year Knight Fellowship covering the Central Asia region, based in Kazakhstan. The fellow will work with Kazakh state television networks to improve their reporting, news production and management practices, as well as raising skills in data and digital journalism. The Fellow will also conduct training workshops for journalists from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and possibly Uzbekistan. The Fellow may also travel to some or all of those countries for short stints to work with television media there.
Criteria for successful candidate are:
- Demonstrate strong proficiency in the Russian language (Kazakh is also acceptable);
- Be a TV producer or practitioner with practical experience as a journalist;
- Possess experience working for high-quality, international TV networks;
- Demonstrate strong ability to write copy and possess experience at cutting/editing copy;
- Understand how to apply new technologies, such as data and mobile;
- Help stations optimize their content for TV, web and social media to attract new audiences.
The Knight Fellow may be from any country, and will be based in Kazakhstan for his or her fellowship. The fellowship duration is 12 months, starting in early 2016. During the Fellowship, each Fellow receives an allowance for expenses related to the Fellowship, and an honorarium. Fellows also receive an allowance for health-insurance coverage in their home countries and emergency coverage if they are working outside their home country. Fellows receive two weeks of paid vacation per year.
How to apply?
For more information on the Knight Fellowships, including financial benefits and expenses covered by the fellowship visit official website.