Deadline: 20 November 2015
Open to: holders of degree in journalism, political science, European affairs or equivalent
Remuneration: approximately EUR 750 per month
Inclusion Europe is an association of people with intellectual disabilities and their families in Europe. They started with work in 1988. They fight for equal rights and full inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities and their families in all aspects of life. Inclusion Europe has a large network of members all over Europe. Their members include the organisations of people with intellectual disabilities and their families at national, regional and local level. Inclusion Europe is a member of Inclusion International which is the world-wide organisation of people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
Inclusion Europe is looking for a motivated and committed individual to join their team in Brussels for 6 months, starting December 1st. If you are passionate about communications, have excellent writing skills and an interest in disability, you might be just the person for them. A great eye for detail is a must, and so is a bit of patience and a strong desire to learn. In return, you’ll learn the ins and outs of Brussels advocacy while building up a great portfolio of writing samples, one that will really set you apart.
- To produce and edit features for Inclusion Europe’s information tools (online Journal, website, newsletter, specific publications);
- To supervise the production and dissemination of the ‘Europe for Us’ and e-Include newsletters;
- To participate in the preparation of various publications and events of Inclusion Europe;
- To participate in external meetings with different European institutions and organisations, and draft related reports and articles;
- To participate in drafting responses to European consultations.
- Degree in journalism, political science, European affairs or equivalent;
- Knowledge of EU affairs and demonstrated interest in human rights advocacy;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written. Additional languages are an asset;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally, excellent drafting skills;
- Ability to assimilate and process information on a wide variety of issues and for a wide variety of audiences;
- Appropriate computer skills (Microsoft Office package);
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS), particularly Joomla and WordPress;
- Knowledge of social media.
The contract will be governed by the Belgian law on ‘professional immersion’ and will provide the successful candidate with a net income of approximately EUR 750 per month.
How to apply?
Candidates should apply by submitting:
- A detailed CV;
- Cover letter;
- Two unedited writing samples
to [email protected] latest by 20 November 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.