Deadline: 22 November 2015
Open to: university and college students, civil servants, mass communication experts or young politicians
Venue: 28-30 November 2015, Prishtina, Kosovo
Kosovo Youth Atlantic Treaty Association has the immense pleasure of inviting applicants to participate in the event: KYATA Model of “North Atlantic Treaty Organization Simulation” to be held on 28 – 30 November 2015. This simulation provides a unique opportunity for university and college students to study the role, structure and activities of NATO, as well as the military, political – security, and economic issues facing the Alliance.
Through this simulation, students gain a better and clearer understanding of the capabilities and constraints that shape the policies of NATO countries in determining matters of Collective Security. Apart from dealing with a prepared agenda, students grapple with a contemporary crisis to be revealed at the Model. The KYATA Model of “North Atlantic Treaty Organization Simulation” is designed to:
- Increase awareness of the role, organization and activities of NATO in the defense of shared democratic values;
- Highlight the major military – security and political issues facing NATO Member States;
- Generate understanding of the capabilities and constraints that shape the policies of NATO Member States in matters of collective defense;
- Demonstrate patterns of cooperation and conflict that characterize intra – NATO diplomacy;
- Highlight recent changes affecting NATO’s security policies;
- Demonstrate the need for effective diplomatic, economic, and military cooperative actions in an unfolding crisis situation.
The simulation is open to:
- Students with different academic backgrounds and a general interest in security and Euro – Atlantic integration;
- Students interested to develop their intercultural and interdisciplinary learning process;
- Students, civil servants, mass communication experts, young politicians and even parliamentary officials who want to further their knowledge of the NATO processes;
- The ones who are interested about security policies and institutions, European politics, laws, history or culture.
All participants or candidates that NEED NO VISA TO ENTER to Kosovo are eligible to apply.
To participate in the simulation it is necessary to pay a tuition fee. The tuition fees are as follows:
- For the participants from Kosovo, the tuition fee is EUR 75;
- For the participants from Balkans states is EUR 90;
- For the participants from all other states is EUR 121.
These tuition fees will include:
- All three meals, lectures, workshops, materials and social events for participants from Kosovo;
- Housing for two nights, six meals, lectures, workshops, materials and social events for participants from Balkan countries;
- Housing for two nights, six meals, lectures, workshops, materials and social events for participants from other countries.
Moreover, out of at least 28 participants that are to be part of the the simulation model, KYATA offers 5 funded positions that will cover the costs of the participation fee.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 22 November 2015. All candidates interested to take part in this simulation, must send their CVs and motivation letter to: [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website.