Deadline: 15 February 2016
Open to: female with sophomore or junior standing at a U.S. college or university majoring in chemistry, physics, materials science or engineering, computer science or engineering, chemical, electrical, mechanical engineering, or biology
The internships are salaried positions typically 10 weeks long at one of three IBM research locations (San Jose, CA, Austin, TX, or Yorktown Heights, NY), and give the opportunity to work closely with an IBM mentor. The Watson lab has a full range of research, as does the Almaden lab, and the Austin lab focuses on software and systems. Research areas of the internship are individually chosen so as to optimize the match between the skills and interests of the student, and the ongoing research programs of the laboratory. Information about the sites and their research may be found at:
The starting and ending dates are chosen so as not to conflict with the student’s school schedule. Assistance in finding and renting housing will be provided.
- Must be female with sophomore or junior standing at a U.S. college or university at the time of application;
- Must be majoring in chemistry, physics, materials science or engineering, computer science or engineering, chemical, electrical, mechanical engineering, or biology, if it has an emphasis on one of the other areas listed;
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA;
- No citizenship restriction.
For 10-week period, the intern will receive salary.
How to apply?
The application process consists of:
- An online application, which is submitted through an IBM server;
- Two letters of recommendation, which are to be emailed directly from the recommenders to the internship chair;
- An official transcript, which, if possible, is emailed to the internship chair from the registrar’s officer, or if that is not possible is submitted to IBM via postal mail.
Deadline for applying is 15 February 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.