Deadline: 31 January 2016
Open to: graduates and PhD holders with a research project connected with Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s collections
Grants: EUR 500 – 1,500 per month
The Klassik Stiftung Weimar is a unique ensemble of cultural memorial sites. With more than 20 museums, palaces, historic houses, parks as well as literary and art collections, it is one of the largest and most significant cultural institutions in Germany. The call for applications for Weimar Awards has been opened. Weimar Awards are granted in the following categories:
- Graduate awards;
- Post-doctoral awards;
- Residential awards.
Award holders will pursue their studies in the Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s institutions. They will take part in regular colloquia during their stay in Weimar. They declare their willingness to present their current research project to an interested public in general comprehensive terms. Award holders are required to present a work report as well as to answer some additional questions at the end of their stay in Weimar, and no later than four weeks of the expiration of their award. The work report should outline the results of the research carried out in Weimar and mention the used collections. We are always happy to receive ideas on how the Weimar awards could be developed further.
The award holders are obliged to make appropriate mention of the support provided by the Klassik Stiftung in all publications originating from their stay in Weimar. The following wording must be used: »This study was supported by an award from the Klassik Stiftung Weimar.« A sample of every publication originating from the award holder’s stay in Weimar must be sent to the Klassik Stiftung.
The graduate awards are for scientists who have obtained above-average results in their degree studies and wish to document the conceptual context of their research project, to be realised in Weimar, by means of a dissertation or equivalent scientific work. An assessment approving the research project must be enclosed with the application.
Young science graduates who have already completed their doctoral thesis and published their work in relevant journals can apply for a post-doctoral award.
The residential awards are for graduates, scientists who have completed their doctoral thesis and habilitated scientists whose monthly net income exceeds EUR 1,500 and will also do so during the period for which a Weimar award is requested. With the residential awards, the Klassik Stiftung Weimar grants scientists a more generous book allowance and a variety of concessions during the period of their research in Weimar.
Financial assistance is available for a maximum of 6 months. Amounts awarded are as follows:
- Graduate award holders are granted EUR 1,000 per month;
- Post-doctoral award holders are granted EUR 1,500 per month;
- Residential award holders are granted EUR 500 per month.
Award holders can rent the Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s guest rooms and apartments for a reduced fee during their stay in Weimar if available.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 31 January 2015. Following documents are requested for successful application:
- Application form;
- Abstract of research plan (10-15 lines), which will be published on the Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s website in the event of an award being approved;
- Brief outline of the research plan profiling the applicant’s own research interests, the current standing of research in the relevant field, the applicant’s own preliminary work and describing how the applicant’s own research project would be carried on by a period of residence in Weimar (5-6 pages);
- Curriculum vitae in table form, list of publications, certificates and references;
- Evaluation of the research project to be completed in Weimar (when applying for a graduate award).
Please send your application online (in one PDF-Document) to [email protected] or by post to the address
Klassik Stiftung Weimar
Stabsreferat Forschung und Bildung
For more information please visit the official website.