Deadline: 10 December 2015
Open to: university degree (or currently finishing a degree) in economics, international relations or any other relevant field
Remuneration: a paid internship
Cardno Emerging Markets, Belgium s.a. is seeking 3 full time Research Assistants to be located in their Brussels office. The company manages long-term development projects funded by the European Union to support both the public and private sectors in developing and emerging economies. They specialise in technical assistance and capacity building to foster environments conducive to economic growth and poverty reduction.
The research assistant role will give recent graduates and young professionals with a particular interest in economic research the opportunity to better understand how European economic trends impact the decision making at the political and industrial level vis-a-vis selected target markets.
The Research Assistant, with specific technical inputs and guidance from sector experts, will draft a series of European sector studies. These will cover different trade sectors by producing strategic insights based on analysis of economic factors including market size, trends, trade statistics, clusters and companies. Sectors include:
- Environment and Water;
- Construction and Building Technology/Materials;
- Contemporary European Interior Design;
- Healthcare and Medical Technologies and Equipment;
- Food and Beverages;
- Advanced technologies and ICT.
Starting date is 18 January 2016.
- University degree (or currently finishing a degree) in economics, international relations or any other relevant field;
- Excellent command of English;
- Proven analytical and research skills combined with the ability to write well-structured, clear and concise reports on a given topic;
- Strong interest in issues related to private sector development, international trade, market trends;
- Strong command of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- A good team player with proven ability to thrive in an international environment;
- Ability to prioritise tasks while working under tight deadlines.
- Allowed to work in Belgium.
This is a six month paid internship.
How to apply?
If interested and qualified, you can apply online or send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] mentioning “Research Assistant” in your email subject, by 10th December 2015. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. Deadline for applying is 10 December 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.