Deadline: 9 December 2015 (extended)
Open to: participants from civil society, European Institutions and national authorities from the region
Venue: 25-26 February 2016, Belgrade, Serbia
The European Movement in Serbia and TACSO People2People are jointly organizing the conference: “Civil Society and Beyond: A Joint Dialogue on the European Path” in Belgrade, on 25-26 February 2016. This event will focus on three themes:
- Dialogue between civil society and public authorities in the accession process (including mechanisms for participation such as Convent and SECO);
- Regional cooperation between civil society;
- Civic dialogue between EU and (potential) candidate countries.
The conference will bring together around 150 participants from civil society, European Institutions and national authorities from the region to discuss the following:
- Enhancing cooperation within the regional civil sectors. What frameworks for regional cooperation of CSOs exist, what influence and impact they have and what is the role of the national governments in enabling regional cooperation as well as of the international actors;
- Bridging the gap between the governments and the society, by enhancing the role of CSOs and using their expertise;
- In order to further the European accession process and to move beyond of what has already been achieved, all actors and especially civil society needs to develop and intensify links with the European platforms, and European civil society;
- State of play and the role of the civil society in policy making – how enabling and obliging are the procedures and practice; are there relevant procedures and structures that take into account opinions and input of different stakeholders at all stages of policy cycle including at early stages of the policy making?
Civil Society Organizations fitting the following criteria are invited to apply:
- Registered and working in the IPA region;
- Expertise and proven track record of successful activities/impact made on public policies related to EU integration, e.g. rule of law, economic governance, public administration reform, environment policy, participatory democracy;
- Analysis and research on topics/areas related to EU Accession;
- Advocacy efforts in areas related to EU Accession.
Candidate proposed for participation must have sufficient command of English to participate in conference.
For selected participants, TACSO will provide travel costs (including costs of visas, if applicable), accommodation, meals and refreshments during the study visit.
How to apply?
Interested applicants are requested to complete the application form and send it to the email of their national TACSO office (emails listed below) by 9 December, 2015 by 17.00 hrs with the subject heading “Civil Society and Beyond: A Joint Dialogue on the European Path”.
- Albania -firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Bosnia and Herzegovina- email@example.com;
- Kosovo -firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Macedonia- email@example.com;
- Montenegro- firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Serbia -email@example.com;
- Turkey- firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit the official website.