Deadline: 18 January 2016
Open to: applicants with a post-secondary qualification corresponding to a minimum of two years studies and with at least 2 years of professional experience
Remuneration: a monthly gross salary of EUR 2,540 – 2,894
The Council of Europe is the continent’s leading organization in the protection of human rights, democracy and rule of law. It is currently looking for an English speaking Management/Project Support Assistant. Under the authority of a Head of Division, the incumbent will provide a variety of administrative and secretarial support, in compliance with general guidelines and priorities and with a concern for quality, efficiency and accuracy. The incumbent performs the following key duties:
- Receives, reviews and dispatches incoming correspondence, e-mails etc.; manages shared mailboxes;
- Drafts and formats standard correspondence, memos and presentations in accordance with instructions; organises physical and electronic files;
- Proofreads and makes grammatical corrections of texts and documents; checks translations; organises the production, distribution and publication of documents in print version or online;
- Carries out the practical and logistical organisation of meetings, official journeys and other events; keeps track of all administrative files and financial arrangements concerning these events;
- Makes travel, visa and accommodation arrangements for staff members and experts; assists in the reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses in accordance with relevant procedures; verifies cost of missions and follows up on outstanding claims;
- Processes purchase orders for contract letters, administrative arrangements, consultancy contracts and service contracts in line with instructions and relevant procedures;
- Records, verifies and keeps up-to-date all kinds of data (files, documents, statistics, data bases, web sites, information and documentation tools etc.);
- In certain sectors provides assistance in the implementation of projects.
Only applicants who best meet the following criteria will be considered for shortlisting:
- Completed full course of general secondary education, followed by a post-secondary qualification corresponding to a minimum of two years studies;
- At least 2 years of professional experience relating to administrative, financial, project support or secretarial duties or similar;
- Excellent knowledge of English, in oral and written communication, and knowledge of French. Knowledge of languages of the countries of the Council of Europe external presence would be an advantage;
- Nationality of one of the 47 Council of Europe member states;
- Sound computer skills of standard tools in office applications (word processing, spreadsheet, data bases, presentation software, and outlook). Professional experience in internet/intranet or social media publications would be an advantage.
The position is marked as a Grade B1/B2. A monthly gross salary ranges approximately between EUR 2,540 – 2,894 (unmarried staff). More details on conditions of employment including salaries, allowances, pension scheme and social insurance can be consulted on the recruitment website.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 18 January 2016. By connecting HERE you can create and submit your on-line application. Applications must be made in English or French.
For more information please visit the official website.