Deadline: 27 December 2015
Open to: participants aged between 18 and 30 coming from conflict- and post-conflict communities, Council of Europe member state
Venue: 9-16 March 2016, The Hauge, The Netherlands
The United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY Peacebuilders), are pleased to invite you to apply for participation in Training for Advocates: Bringing Peace to Policy that will be held 9-16 March 2016, The Hauge, The Netherlands .
The purpose of this training for advocates is to build the skills and knowledge of young peacebuilders on European advocacy on youth participation in peacebuilding and countering violent extremism (CVE). The training aims to link young people’s peace activism with advocacy at the European level. It will be an opportunity to exchange ideas, experiences and approaches on advocacy and it’s aiming to connect the experiences of young change makers and peacebuilders with the international policy realm.
The group of 20 participants will consist of young peace builders:
- Coming from conflict- and post-conflict communities, communities that experience high levels of direct violence and communities where violent extremism is on the rise;
- Coming from youth peacebuilding organizations – both inside and outside the UNOY network;
- Are aged between 18 and 30;
- Are coming from a Council of Europe member state (or a signatory state of the European Cultural Convention);
- Are fluent in English since the working language of the training will be English;
- Hold a passport.
Priority will be given to participants who:
- Have experience in the fields of peace building, conflict transformation, human security and/or advocacy;
- Have prior experience or shown interest in advocacy on the local, national or international level;
- Are currently active in an organisation, program or project in the above fields;
- Have experience with working in conflict and post-conflict areas and situations;
- Have experience in working with policy-making institutions and its affiliated bodies;
- Are committed to multiply the outcomes of the training in their own work.
The participation fee is EUR 50 for all participants.
The organizers will cover:
- Visa fee;
- Local transportation costs to/from the airport;
- Accommodation in a youth hostel in the Hague for the duration of the workshop (shared rooms);
- Full boarding for the duration of the workshop (breakfast, lunch and dinner);
- Other workshop related costs (training material, travel costs during the workshop, etc.);
- 70 % of international travel costs – (NB: travel costs must be approved by organizers beforehand).
How to apply?
In order to apply you should fill in the online application form latest by 27 December 2015.
For any questions contact [email protected].
For more information please visit the official website.