Deadline: 14 February 2016
Open to: applicants with some experience in human rights litigation
Venue: 11-15 July 2016, Budapest, Hungary
The Open Society Justice Initiative and Central European University invite applicants for the 2016 Summer School in Human Rights Litigation, to be held in Budapest from July 11 to 15. The summer school provides a unique opportunity for human rights professionals to build on their experience and to develop their skills to successfully bring cases to the regional human rights systems and the UN treaty bodies, and to use those cases to achieve practical change.
The curriculum will combine presentations, case studies, exercises, and discussion groups with preparatory work and further reading to ensure full maximum benefit for those attending the course. Participants will be invited to provide information on cases they are working on and those concrete examples will help shape discussion.
- Participants need not be practicing lawyers; however, they must have some experience in human rights litigation;
- Ideally have three to six years’ experience in human rights practice;
- Participants will be required to submit examples of cases and issues that they are or have been involved in.
Bursaries towards tuition fees and expenses, including travel, are available where the need can be demonstrated. Financial aid is available in the following categories:
- Tuition waiver;
- Accommodation grant;
- Travel grant (full or partial) stipend.
How to apply?
You need to prepare or arrange following documents for submission:
- Completed online SUN Application Form;
- A full curriculum vitae or resume;
- Statement of Purpose;
- Brief summary of a case you have been involved in (in English).
The deadline for applications is 14 February 2016.
Additional course information and instructions for applications can be found on the official website.
One thought on “Summer School in Human Rights Litigation”
Please send me More information to my Adresse:
Raglovichstr.5 80637 München
Please also for financial help for this. I am actually doing my german referendariat , now based in Delhi working for a human rights organization here and kam i terested Tod read Mord about your Scholl. Thanks a lot! Best Claudia Neher